Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Any 05-06 sti's that have BUDDY CLUB coilovers on??? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/14473-any-05-06-stis-have-buddy-club-coilovers.html)

JAY 14-08-2007 05:15 PM

Any 05-06 sti's that have BUDDY CLUB coilovers on???

hey guys need some help on these Coilovers, any members that own 05-06 Sti's that have Buddy Clubs installed??

i need some info as apparently as i was told there are only a limited number of BRANDS on COILOVERS that fit 06 sti's as there bracket sizing has changed?

my HSD's wont fit so i might go Buddy Clubs, as i was told by supplier that they will fit on 06' sti's??,

but also got told that the offset on the stock rims wont alow the coilovers to drop real low??

as LOWERING is my main reson why i want these COILOVERS in the fisrt place.

any info and recommendations from ppl that have experienced this situation would be great cheers..

nauli 14-08-2007 10:21 PM

What do you want to achieve?...a car that looks very low or a car that handles better...if the latter, then don't go too low on an 05/06/07 (-35mm max)...and probably don't get Buddy Club coilovers. Try KW or DMS or even Tein SS. And there are no issues with wheel clearance (unless of course you go stupidly low..which is a waste of time anyway).

BALISTC 14-08-2007 11:08 PM

Jay, they will make your car go as low as you like.

As I said today, make sure the supplier measures up the front clevis width to ensure its 31mm..

TUNEDWRX 15-08-2007 05:33 AM

[QUOTE=JAY]hey guys need some help on these Coilovers, any members that own 05-06 Sti's that have Buddy Clubs installed??

i need some info as apparently as i was told there are only a limited number of BRANDS on COILOVERS that fit 06 sti's as there bracket sizing has changed?

my HSD's wont fit so i might go Buddy Clubs, as i was told by supplier that they will fit on 06' sti's??,

but also got told that the offset on the stock rims wont alow the coilovers to drop real low??

as LOWERING is my main reson why i want these COILOVERS in the fisrt place.

any info and recommendations from ppl that have experienced this situation would be great cheers..[/QUOTE]

I was considering buying HSD's - why do they not fit ?
Is this in general or are you trying to fit the wrong parts to the wrong car ?

saturation 15-08-2007 06:46 AM

pm boosted82 pretty sure hes running buddy club on his 05.

BALISTC 15-08-2007 07:07 AM

[QUOTE=TUNEDWRX]I was considering buying HSD's - why do they not fit ?
Is this in general or are you trying to fit the wrong parts to the wrong car ?[/QUOTE]

They don't fit Jay's car, because his 06 STi has a hub clevis measurement (width between the two plates of the lower mounting bracket) of 31mm. Other Subarus are 28mm.

Subaru changed the clevis width and HSD haven't got a bracket manufactured to suit as yet.

Apparently a few 05 STi's have these wider hubs too, but its weird because some 06 STi's have the narrower clevis measurement. It ONLY affects some 05 and 06 STi's.

They are currently in the process of making a bracket, but not sure when it will be ready.

JAY 16-08-2007 08:48 PM

yer cheers Joe will make sure the front clevis is 31mm before i get them installed lol..

nicecar 17-08-2007 07:42 AM

how would i check the cleavis measurement on my 05 sti?

BALISTC 17-08-2007 09:28 AM

You measure the part of the hub where the two lower mounting bolt holes are for the strut.

It will either be 28mm or 31mm wide.