Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   who can install a defi controller for me? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/14511-who-can-install-defi-controller-me.html)

jedi_luke 16-08-2007 04:21 PM

[QUOTE=harlz21]bah nothing a soldering iron and a few lengths of wire form auto1 cant fix[/QUOTE]

or audio cable i have around the place :) , thats if it can be done , my problem is that i dont know where to plug the other ends into :confused:

jedi_luke 16-08-2007 05:50 PM

gay! , i need a boost sensor for my gauge .. i dont have this , anyone know of an alternative i can get for this sensor? , ill also prolly need some of the cables from it replaced

teejay 17-08-2007 10:16 AM

shouldnt have bought stolen gauges!

no seriously, anyone who removed them from the car by cutting them is a moron. You need the sensor, which can be ordered from anyone who sells defi bits and pieces.

Hope you got a good deal, as they arnt overly cheap.

NVRENUF 17-08-2007 10:22 AM

its probably bette to just go out and buy it all new again the control box is only thing worth hanging on to buy the rest new again.

jedi_luke 17-08-2007 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=teejay]shouldnt have bought stolen gauges!

no seriously, anyone who removed them from the car by cutting them is a moron. You need the sensor, which can be ordered from anyone who sells defi bits and pieces.

Hope you got a good deal, as they arnt overly cheap.[/QUOTE]

haha thats what i was thinking when i got the gauges , Sooo stolen , good old ebay

teejay 17-08-2007 11:27 AM

Nah no need, the gauge is fine if it isnt damaged. The sensor and cable is easy enough to source.

teejay 17-08-2007 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=jedi_luke]haha thats what i was thinking when i got the gauges , Sooo stolen , good old ebay[/QUOTE]

I think i looked at the same auction, but saw the pic and went no thanks.

Was it for 3 gauges?

jedi_luke 17-08-2007 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=teejay]I think i looked at the same auction, but saw the pic and went no thanks.

Was it for 3 gauges?[/QUOTE]

na just the boost gauge and cont

vyper 17-08-2007 12:29 PM

easy to install yourself with some patience.. If you're really not confident, take it to a workshop (RMS, ASG, MMS, Cypher, anyone) and get it done. It shouldnt cost you anymore than about $200.

If you've got half a day to spare, install it yourself and use it as an opportunity to learn your own car better. Search the web and use the link posted somewhere above, there's heaps on defi installs.

PM T-Rexx for a sensor, he might be able to source it as he deals with Defi gauges.

NVRENUF 17-08-2007 12:32 PM

There piss easy to install but you will need all the right cables with plugs. i got two of my gauges from t-rexx pro speed racing. im sure he can order parts as well.