Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Bear69 at standard level
Default Going back to stadnard ride height

ok my suspension knowledge is somewhat limited thus the below,

current setup on my gc8 is king spring super lows with koni adjustables. Its nice and low and handles awesome however its just too impracticle for me at that height, i scrape over speed bumps no matter how slow i go and also need the ability to tow a trailer every now and then. I would like to take it back to standard height,even higher maybe. I have the standard springs in the shed.

Now of course i want my cake and eat it too. Thus i would like standard ride height or higher but retain the handling. I know this isnt gona happen but would like to retain as much of the handling as possible.

Can i just fit the standard springs back in? Or will the koni's not have enough travel to accomodate them? So new shocks are needed. Also i assume the super lows are a stiffer spring than the standard ones so would lose some of the handling.
What are the options for giving it an extra inch or 2 lift and how bad would this affect the handling? Maybe just 17's rather than the current 16's, speedo will be affected i know.

I also have whiteline RSB and ALK fitted.
Old 16-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Go with a set of Whiteline Control springs...or even STi pinks.

Slightly lowered, and will make your car handle better than standard.
Old 16-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Bear69 at standard level

can i keep my current koni strut inserts?
Old 16-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Wont be a problem.
Old 16-10-2007, 11:58 AM
STI Master

ninjawrx at standard level

Im lookin for some superlow king springs for my gc8.
Wanna sell or do a deal for my stockies?
Old 16-10-2007, 12:05 PM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear69
ok my suspension knowledge is somewhat limited thus the below,

current setup on my gc8 is king spring super lows with koni adjustables. Its nice and low and handles awesome however its just too impracticle for me at that height, i scrape over speed bumps no matter how slow i go and also need the ability to tow a trailer every now and then. I would like to take it back to standard height,even higher maybe. I have the standard springs in the shed.

Now of course i want my cake and eat it too. Thus i would like standard ride height or higher but retain the handling. I know this isnt gona happen but would like to retain as much of the handling as possible.

Can i just fit the standard springs back in? Or will the koni's not have enough travel to accomodate them? So new shocks are needed. Also i assume the super lows are a stiffer spring than the standard ones so would lose some of the handling.
What are the options for giving it an extra inch or 2 lift and how bad would this affect the handling? Maybe just 17's rather than the current 16's, speedo will be affected i know.

I also have whiteline RSB and ALK fitted.
Hey dude, the Koni's in my old car are inserts, so they original struts were cut to insert them. You can go higher springs but don't go back to the stock ones!
Old 16-10-2007, 12:43 PM