Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Taking off the hijack electric thingy (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/15863-taking-off-hijack-electric-thingy.html)

roll0nDis 19-10-2007 06:52 PM

Taking off the hijack electric thingy

Hi there peepz. i've bought a 00 wrx sti and it has those codes that i have to punch in every time i start the car.

can any one give me an info on how to bypass the code thingy. thanx
:confused: :confused: :confused:

trainwrex 19-10-2007 07:00 PM

read ur handbook...

that info isnt given on forums due to ppl prowling them that may want to steal the car...

RichX 19-10-2007 07:07 PM

On mine, i only have to enter the code if i have taken my seatbelt off and opened the door before turning off the engine.

If i turn off before opening door and taking of seatbelt, I do not have to enter the code on next startup.

There is a valet mode too when you hold down one of the buttons for ten seconds, and you get 10 starts or something without the need for code entry?

BOMB3R 19-10-2007 07:10 PM

There is a code and no I don't know it. I takes 2 seconds a day to make sure your cars safe, my advice is use those 2 seconds or as Rich said put in valet.

RichX 19-10-2007 07:13 PM

I make sure my Brandt is armed every night when i go inside. I will kick myself otherwise if it gets nicked without it turned on.

Peace of mind that it will make the car a bitch to steal.

Only way would to be a guru or a tilt-tray.

DAN682 19-10-2007 07:29 PM

Use the search function

This thread needs to be closed before some fucktard posts how to do it

BLuENiNJa 19-10-2007 07:35 PM

You can hav auto arming or manual arming it's in the handbook how to switch modes.

wannabox 19-10-2007 07:42 PM

why have it if you wont use it. mayaswell then leave your key in the ignition :) and put up a sign alarm disabled.

MKVIGTI 19-10-2007 08:25 PM

All you guys that keep asking how to disable functions on the brant systam are doing is making the wankers that would like to pinch a WRX or STI think well half of them are disabled anyway. I have a 50/50 chance.

You are putting the rest of us at higher risk of theft or car jacking.

It is there for a reason and is why most of our insurance is cheaper than other similar performance cars without a similar system. That will change if the insurance companies start to think a heap are getting around disabled.

Rant Over.

fobz 19-10-2007 10:45 PM

[QUOTE=BlackSTi]All you guys that keep asking how to disable functions on the brant systam are doing is making the wankers that would like to pinch a WRX or STI think well half of them are disabled anyway. I have a 50/50 chance.

You are putting the rest of us at higher risk of theft or car jacking.

It is there for a reason and is why most of our insurance is cheaper than other similar performance cars without a similar system. That will change if the insurance companies start to think a heap are getting around disabled.

Rant Over.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If you disable it then you are stupid.
If your car gets stolen then don't bother asking me to keep
an eye out for it.