Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   bug eye probs (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/18999-bug-eye-probs.html)

topgun 05-04-2008 10:14 PM

bug eye probs

Hey guys i have a 02 rex and i ahve bene having problems with it lately! at first i felt like a rubbing/vibrating sound my friend said it is thr thrust bearing only when taking off slowly but once going it okay! then i the clutch seemd weird to push down wasn't realy smooth. also when the car excellerates it just launches the revs way to high for the thrust i am putting in. like if i was in 5th and put my foot down the revs wod go to like 6000 then drop but then car wod not realy excelerate? anwayz after a while i was on the free way gave it a big and the car just craped itself i cod not excellerate proparly and the car just kept droping in speed like 40-50kmh untill the revs just droped out and stalled. The care eventually wod not start and hasn't started now! i wod turn in on tick over but the it would just stall? i my cluctch plate and thrust bearing has gone can you giys help me in figuring out what may be this probleme?

devilfish 05-04-2008 10:50 PM

dude, if you want help here, can I suggest that you re-type that, in proper English before the moderators and other members start taking the piss..

ULTREX 05-04-2008 10:54 PM

Bad night! No internet mechanics required...flat bed to the mechanic Monday. Insert new clutch with optional spelling lessons.
Hope it all works out for you
cheers

astralex 06-04-2008 02:10 AM

Simple problem...Its a bug eye :p Ooh cheap shot!

gumby 06-04-2008 03:20 AM

[QUOTE=astralex]Simple problem...Its a bug eye :p Ooh cheap shot![/QUOTE]
:mad:

if you want help, I suggest using paragraphs, somewhat ok spelling and gramma etc. make it easier to read

astralex 06-04-2008 05:03 AM

[QUOTE=gumby2006]:mad:

if you want help, I suggest using paragraphs, somewhat ok spelling and gramma etc. make it easier to read[/QUOTE]

'grammar'...

Elrico 06-04-2008 05:27 AM

Ok well one part of it is obviously your clutch mate. When it revs to 6 thou and drops off without actually accelerating or increasing speed thats your clutch slipping. Time for a new one.

Also sounds like something else could be wrong aswel. Like an Idle Air Control valve if its stalling. Does it stall in gear AND out of gear. Check that.

Yeah 06-04-2008 06:56 AM

[QUOTE=topgun]Hey guys i have a 02 rex and i ahve bene having problems with it lately! at first i felt like a rubbing/vibrating sound my friend said it is thr thrust bearing only when taking off slowly but once going it okay! then i the clutch seemd weird to push down wasn't realy smooth. also when the car excellerates it just launches the revs way to high for the thrust i am putting in. like if i was in 5th and put my foot down the revs wod go to like 6000 then drop but then car wod not realy excelerate? anwayz after a while i was on the free way gave it a big and the car just craped itself i cod not excellerate proparly and the car just kept droping in speed like 40-50kmh untill the revs just droped out and stalled. The care eventually wod not start and hasn't started now! i wod turn in on tick over but the it would just stall? i my cluctch plate and thrust bearing has gone can you giys help me in figuring out what may be this probleme?[/QUOTE]

Ermmm.... wat?? :confused:

gumby 06-04-2008 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=astralex]'grammar'...[/QUOTE]

I just read what I typed, and thought "I hope no one noticed."
Then I scrolled down and I saw your post. Shit! :D

Kato 06-04-2008 09:17 PM

From what I can gather...

Revs going skyward when accelerating would be a dead clutch.

Car not starting... Go see a mechanic.