Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   HSD coilovers (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/19056-hsd-coilovers.html)

BALISTC 15-04-2008 10:33 PM

Blair, I'm still waiting on my supplier to get back to me on this...he wasn't sure.

Does anyone know if wagons are same as sedan??

Recommendations for spring rates are the stock ones, they are quite comfortable for a performance coilover (compared to many of the mainstream Jap ones i.e. Tein).

M535 15-04-2008 10:46 PM

a black forrie at rexpo had hsds i think well it had the green tops

asian 16-04-2008 11:08 AM

this is what a dude from otomoto sent back to me:
"our HSD to suit GDB will fit the 2004 XT Forester."
sooo i think you can more of less say coilovers dont matter if wagon or not. i think the spring rates r the important one.
i dont know. im noob.

Jimmy S 16-04-2008 11:42 AM

With my GC8 wagon which had HSD's in it, the rears fit ok, but the struts stuck out a little further, so the stock wheels wouldn't fit on the rear!...

Luckily the 3 sets of different aftermarket wheels I had all fit... So, I would say they should fit(GC8 at least) but you may have issues with wheel clearance!

Adam86 16-04-2008 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=M535]a black forrie at rexpo had hsds i think well it had the green tops[/QUOTE]
that was my foz and they are not HSD's... they are Racing Logic.
they are an awesome coilover and i cant fault them.. these are forester specific and i have about another 90mm left to go lower if i wanted to...

Jimmy S 16-04-2008 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=Adam86]that was my foz and they are not HSD's... they are Racing Logic.
they are an awesome coilover and i cant fault them.. these are forester specific and i have about another 90mm left to go lower if i wanted to...[/QUOTE]

And you totally need to utilize that 90mm... such a lift kit!

wr0ng 16-04-2008 02:03 PM

hsd coilies

i have hsd hr's in my gc8. I have found the rear a little hard(they re drift spec) BUT, I haven't had the time to change rear dampers. Thouroughly reccommend em. just remember the front struts come without brake line locators so bring out the cable ties!!

Adam86 16-04-2008 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=Jimmy S]And you totally need to utilize that 90mm... such a lift kit![/QUOTE]
haha thanks jimmy but i think its at a comfortable height atm :D ... i took the zost out the other day...

Justin s 22-04-2008 09:21 AM

[QUOTE=Jimmy S]With my GC8 wagon which had HSD's in it, the rears fit ok, but the struts stuck out a little further, so the stock wheels wouldn't fit on the rear!...

Luckily the 3 sets of different aftermarket wheels I had all fit... So, I would say they should fit(GC8 at least) but you may have issues with wheel clearance![/QUOTE]

Just wondering but is this a problem with the gc8 sedan?
sorry if this is a noob question but would rather ask then find out later.

BALISTC 22-04-2008 09:37 AM

Quite a few people on here running HSD's in their GC8's, so can anyone help answer that question? The majority of people I've sold HSD's to are running aftermarket rims.

As far as I know, its been fine.