Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru
Default Noisy Struts

Hey, thort I would post this question to the masses. I did a search and found some info, but I wanted to see if I had any other options.

My rear strut's are making a knocking noise, and Wilko's have diagnosed it has being a loose guide inside the strut. It's not causing any problem's but it will eventually wear away at the teflon inside the strut, and they will start to stick.

Now, from what I have read, this is a common problem, and the strut's are a closed unit and can not be serviced. Also, it is of my understanding that you can not put "lowered inserts" into the STi's for some reason.

Obviously, I wanna fix this up without forking out $1000 to fix it (second hand WRX struts = $150ish, then $760 for Koni Inserts) coz for that kinda money, I can just throw some HSD's in.

So I was wondering what other options do i have. I read Tode had this problem, or similar before, and he said Teflon spray fixes it, but I don't quite understand how he means?

Also, would Spec C strut's work for me (keeping in mind 02's did not have the inverted struts/springs) I don't really wanna have to buy a new set of rear whiteline's either if i can avoid doing it...

so im just after some suggestions from the guru's!

Thanks
Kym

Tags
noisy, struts