Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   H.I.D's (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/20788-h-i-ds.html)

JA50N 06-07-2008 08:56 PM

H.I.D's

Whilst my GC8 is being finished off, I'm driving a R31 Skyline.

It has H.I.D's. Would anyone know if they would fit a GC8?

I'm unsure as the wiring could be different.

Any info would be appreciated.

Jason.

RichX 06-07-2008 09:00 PM

Might do .. Only issue tends to be in your WRX you have reflector housings, which can cause a fair bit of stray light.

Oncoming traffic will tend to think you have your high's on when they aren't. It can be done, just keep that in mind or try to aim your headlights down more than usual.

Projectors are the best for HID's.

chee 06-07-2008 09:06 PM

gc8's are H4. whats the 31 globes?

JA50N 06-07-2008 11:49 PM

[QUOTE=RichX]Might do .. Only issue tends to be in your WRX you have reflector housings, which can cause a fair bit of stray light.

Oncoming traffic will tend to think you have your high's on when they aren't. It can be done, just keep that in mind or try to aim your headlights down more than usual.

Projectors are the best for HID's.[/QUOTE]

That's what I get at the moment Rich. Oncoming traffic flashing me, then I flick beam on and shut them up. They are bright, which is sweet.

Do you know how to wire them Rich?

JA50N 06-07-2008 11:53 PM

[QUOTE=chee]gc8's are H4. whats the 31 globes?[/QUOTE]

Not sure bud, I'll check tomorrow. I'm gonna put HID's in regardless, it's just pointless me buying some if these will fit. They are really bright white and would be awesome for driving in the hill climbs and truck stop etc.

jEstEr? 07-07-2008 06:04 AM

they actually make it harder to see in GC8s, the light scatters too much

rexhunta 07-07-2008 06:45 AM

Also Jase the Subaru needs to be wired in differently because of the different earthing system it runs.. I put some h4 hi-lo in my gc wagon, after fucking around with the beam adjusters 1 night i finally got them to light up where i wanted..

Grab a globe out of the 31 and have a look, generally they say on the back of them, if not ring somewhere like supershit or repco and ask what globe a '31 takes, they should be able to check on thier system or in thier narva catalogue.

Pete

Bakks 07-07-2008 08:06 AM

[QUOTE=jEstEr?]they actually make it harder to see in GC8s, the light scatters too much[/QUOTE]

^^^^

Don't bother unless you get projectors.

Jimmy S 07-07-2008 08:27 AM

There is another member on here who is in the process of converting his GC8 headlights to HID Projectors!... I will try and make sure he posts the results when they're finished, but its a fairly extensive process as the headlights were sent to the US to be done!

BALISTC 07-07-2008 08:46 AM

Do not fit HID's to non-projector headlamps.