Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Clutch Vibration (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/20852-clutch-vibration.html)

wannabox 09-07-2008 08:40 PM

Clutch Vibration

Hello,

Just had my clutch rebuilt. Flywheel machined etc. I get a vibration through the pedal. Say I am driving in gear and push it in 1-2cm I can feel a vibration. This is also felt on changing gears and even when in neutral and you press the pedal in.

It just shits me. Has anyone come across this before?

Cheers

PRODIGY 09-07-2008 09:52 PM

I used to get a similar thing on my Gen 4 Liberty. Mentioned it a few times when i took it to get it serviced at Subaru. They just used to fob it off saying it was "a characteristic of the car' whatever that means.

I notice it a little in my current car but only when shifting at high revs sometimes.

Mister Two 09-07-2008 09:54 PM

If its only when you push the clutch pedal, it may be a fucked spigot bearing.

phizzle 10-07-2008 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=wannabox]Hello,

Just had my clutch rebuilt. Flywheel machined etc. I get a vibration through the pedal. Say I am driving in gear and push it in 1-2cm I can feel a vibration. This is also felt on changing gears and even when in neutral and you press the pedal in.

It just shits me. Has anyone come across this before?

Cheers[/QUOTE]
Just had a new clutch, flywheel and pressure plate put in my SS because of this. Well at least it sounds similar over the internoodle. Was a collapsed pressure plate. If it starts getting harder and harder to shift that'll be it. Either way get it looked at. New gearboxes aren't cheap!!

wannabox 10-07-2008 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=phizzle]Just had a new clutch, flywheel and pressure plate put in my SS because of this. Well at least it sounds similar over the internoodle. Was a collapsed pressure plate. If it starts getting harder and harder to shift that'll be it. Either way get it looked at. New gearboxes aren't cheap!![/QUOTE]

Yep that is it its getting harder to shift. It was good for the first couple days but getting worse.

phizzle 10-07-2008 11:25 AM

[QUOTE=wannabox]Yep that is it its getting harder to shift. It was good for the first couple days but getting worse.[/QUOTE]
Sounds the same as the problem I had. Get it checked before it starts to root the other bits connecting it. As I said I had to replace the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate as they were all fucked. You might get lucky and something is loose and needs a tighten or something. At the least while you're doing it you might wanna look at getting some performance parts like a lightned flywheel and HD clutch if they need replacing anyway :o Might cost a little more but hey, while you're in there.............

wannabox 10-07-2008 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=phizzle]Sounds the same as the problem I had. Get it checked before it starts to root the other bits connecting it. As I said I had to replace the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate as they were all fucked. You might get lucky and something is loose and needs a tighten or something. At the least while you're doing it you might wanna look at getting some performance parts like a lightned flywheel and HD clutch if they need replacing anyway :o Might cost a little more but hey, while you're in there.............[/QUOTE]

Clutch was rebuilt a couple weeks ago. So I hope that is ok. I may chuck in a lightened flywheel but while I am at it.

Cheers

RichX 10-07-2008 12:12 PM

My clutch shudders when it's bone cold. Soon as she's warm shudder is gone!