Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Pignose STi experts read here!!! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/21761-pignose-sti-experts-read-here.html)

astro 24-08-2008 09:33 PM

Pignose STi experts read here!!!

I've got a pignose STi with the STi lowered spring kit and find the ride a little harsh for those long road trips. A mate reckons that the sti susepnsion is adjustable but I'm not so sure.

Can anyone confirm if it IS adjustable and if so, will I be able to adjust the ride stiffness?

If not, any advice on what I could do? The car is a daily driver that I intend to track (once I learn how to drive the bloody thing properly) but 99% daily driven.

Cheers

Mister Two 24-08-2008 09:38 PM

NOT adjustable

confuzion 24-08-2008 10:29 PM

lowered springs is too harsh? geez dont get coilovers then :)

gus 25-08-2008 12:51 AM

You will only find adjustable suspension on the spec-c type ra unless it has after market stuff fitted.

meatbag 25-08-2008 06:02 AM

yep, definetly not adjustable. and if your complaining about a harsh ride now, you wont be liking even a minor track set up.

Kato 25-08-2008 07:14 AM

Toughen up. Until your boobs jiggle, its not harsh enough :D

meatbag 25-08-2008 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=Kato]Until your boobs jiggle, its not harsh enough :D[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, mine is definately harsh. but good

astro 25-08-2008 02:26 PM

Yeah, I'm a wuss...

I find that the ride is so bumpy, particularly when going slow that it jerks my foot on the gas pedal, which is NOT a cool thing to do in a crowded carpark.

I had coilovers on my Liberty GT and found the ride nicer than what I've got now. I think I might get my suspension looked at coz I bought the car second hand, and haven't even checked to confirm what I've got (the guy I bought it off vaguely mentioned Subaru Genuine parts in the suspension, and it definitley rides lower than stock so I assumed it was the lowering kit)

AND I'm a wuss.

BALISTC 25-08-2008 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=astro]I find that the ride is so bumpy, particularly when going slow that it jerks my foot on the gas pedal, which is NOT a cool thing to do in a crowded carpark.
[/QUOTE]

You must have a limp ankle, because my foot doesn't even do that with hard coilovers lowered almost as far as they can go!

phizzle 25-08-2008 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=astro]Yeah, I'm a wuss...

I find that the ride is so bumpy, particularly when going slow that it jerks my foot on the gas pedal, which is NOT a cool thing to do in a crowded carpark.

I had coilovers on my Liberty GT and found the ride nicer than what I've got now. I think I might get my suspension looked at coz I bought the car second hand, and haven't even checked to confirm what I've got (the guy I bought it off vaguely mentioned Subaru Genuine parts in the suspension, and it definitley rides lower than stock so I assumed it was the lowering kit)

AND I'm a wuss.[/QUOTE]
Have you looked to see if there are blocks stuck in the windings of the spring? Sometimes when shipping cars (always new ones) they put blocks in the springs to stop the car bouncing on the back of the truck. If it's been brought over from the eastern states or something they might still be in there.

Long shot I know but it wouldn't be the first time it's happened!

Other than that, time for coilovers [color=magenta]Princess[/color] :p :D