Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Getting Anti Lft Kit Fitted (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/25198-getting-anti-lft-kit-fitted.html)

ALPHA 03-03-2009 11:13 AM

Getting Anti Lift Kit Fitted

Have been advised that an Anti Lift Kit will help me.

I'm getting a Whiteline Kit, My mate has it in his WRX so I thought I'd stick with what I'd heard of.

Will help with front end Lifting :icon_eyes
And acceleration when turning into a corner?

Any forum members with this kit? Would love to hear feed back before I pick the car up this arvo.

- Adam

jzr 03-03-2009 11:21 AM

if you mind me asking what did this cost to supply and install and were did you get it done.

MKVIGTI 03-03-2009 11:39 AM

I have a Perrin one. That and Wheels World doing a sports ( Street not silly ) wheel alignment completely transformed the car. Brilliant on the turn in and the amount of power you can put down coming out of corners.

PRODIGY 03-03-2009 12:13 PM

I had it fitted to my gc8 wrx combined with a whiteline rear swaybar, (yet to get around to doing the new car) but i highly recommend it.

Jim621 03-03-2009 01:50 PM

mate, have a search on the forum, its been covered before.

but also google 'rex on rails' on the whiteline website, that covers it well.

Steve.

ALPHA 03-03-2009 08:18 PM

Thanks Jim621, that seems like an auto response from alot of old school forum users ( have a search/use the search/ why don't you use the search)

Honestly. It has been covered before! But like so many people getting peeved off with the search.. I'm sick of it.. Its crap man.. It finds info sure!! But old as hell posts and hardly ever is it relevant to what your looking for. Everyones experience is different and 1000's of new members join up ever day.

On a side note: I will google the rex on rails.

And the car is at home in gaurage as I type, handles amazing!! It turns into corners like its on rails!! Full foot to the floor and no front end jerking up at all.

[QUOTE=jzr]if you mind me asking what did this cost to supply and install and were did you get it done.[/QUOTE]

I got it done by the boys at RMS Service Centre in Perth. Got a list of things done but the Antilift Kit was around the $500 mark including 4 wheel w/alignment.

masTers 04-03-2009 01:01 AM

Has anyone fitted this themselves at home?

MKVIGTI 04-03-2009 01:32 AM

[QUOTE=masTers]Has anyone fitted this themselves at home?[/QUOTE]

Apparently you need to car sitting flat on level ground and do the torque sequence right on all the bolts in the big horseshoe brace thing. If you don't do it right it is not a good thing.

Getting under the car without a pit might be difficult. You need a wheel alignment anyway so get a pro to do it.

Pimpreza 04-03-2009 08:41 AM

Did mine on a set of ramps, piss easy.

RichX 04-03-2009 08:48 AM

I have an ALK fitted, noticed the difference straight away, much better turn in, can keep the power down through corners much more, feels more direct into corners.