Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   MonstA Headers for GC8? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/25795-monsta-headers-gc8.html)

reflexwrx 30-03-2009 11:06 AM

MonstA Headers for GC8?

Has anyone got experience with the MonstA headers you can get for the GC8. I have been told the car doesn't sound like a WRX once installed. Are they a worthwhile investment. Power increase?

Strubaru 30-03-2009 11:31 AM

I installed a set of 'xs power' 4-1 equal length headers and got a retune, definately has more top end and feels better off boost

the sound of my car now though....... :( i hate it, i wished i got some tomei unequal length ones instead

reflexwrx 30-03-2009 11:42 AM

This is what i am trying to find out. It would kill me to loose the WRX rumble but if the gains are there i suppose i could live with it. Hard decision!!! So does anyone know the brand of header that you can buy that doesn't loose the cool unique WRX note.

Strubaru 30-03-2009 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=Strubaru]tomei unequal length[/QUOTE]

^^^^ these

type25 30-03-2009 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=Strubaru]I installed a set of 'xs power' 4-1 equal length headers and got a retune, definately has more top end and feels better off boost

the sound of my car now though....... :( i hate it, i wished i got some tomei unequal length ones instead[/QUOTE]

that is the main reason to get new/equal length headers...

to get rid of that horrible sound!

That standard/horrible subaru thump thump thump...

it is like a cross between a harley and a volkswagen, both of which sound CRAP!!

Subaru got it right with the spec c /'03 onwards jdm sti, the ra-r and the s 203/204's.
Equal length pipes standard and no horrible sound.

Strubaru 30-03-2009 01:35 PM

but i loves the dak dak sound :D

okay i'll leave them on just for you jeff, the bonnet scoop and tailights are staying though :D

reflexwrx 30-03-2009 01:47 PM

I am also a fan of the thumping sound of a WRX. It's unique and sounds mean. But i'm all in it for performance not show so i'll be installing them tomorrow.

reflexwrx 30-03-2009 01:49 PM

I have done enough reading now to believe that there is a lot of gains to be made by having the after market headers installed. BUNG!!! They are going in. :D

Strubaru 30-03-2009 01:50 PM

good work reflex, you will love the sound on WOT and the crackling and popping off throttle

its just the lame ricey lancer sound whilst you're just driving around that you'll hate

reflexwrx 30-03-2009 01:53 PM

Hey Stru, I remember seeing your car when i came and got the pressure plate off you. You fitted the late model STI top mount. Did you just use the brackets off the new top mount or did you get some fabricated. I was going to head to JWS today and get brackets