Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Yellow Sticker Compliance Inspections (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/26627-yellow-sticker-compliance-inspections.html)

Grayzee 13-05-2009 07:19 PM

Yellow Sticker Compliance Inspections

Hey Guys,

I was lucky enough to be pulled over for a friendly chat and a look under the bonnet by our local police force on my way home on saturday night. LOng story short I was given a non-compliance (yellow) sticker because the Blow off valve was venting to atmosphere. Since then I have changed it back to plumbback but i'm keen to know what else they are gonna be looking for at my inspection tomorrow...

- XForce TBE Zorst... too loud? I have actually put the restrictor thing in to quieten it down.

- New Turbo (VF34)... are they like to pick up on it, the external wastegate, and is it illegal?

- Process West CAI... Legal? What are they gonna say about it?

All of this is on my 2.5l 2006 wrx

I'd love to hear what experiences people have had in the past and any tips they might have for me...

Cheers guys,
Joel

GX-REX 13-05-2009 07:36 PM

Do they have pits in bunbury or is it a local mechanic job?
I would be putting the stock BOV back on and then just take it up and see. Make sure you have plenty of tread on tyres and not worn on edges, water in washer bottle, battery secure, all lights working. I would say there wouldnt be a huge problem with the bigger turbo. Exhaust have a cat? Cant see CAI being a prob either.

rexhunta 13-05-2009 07:37 PM

we have 2 shops that do it, 1 is kinda the local Mechanic, the other is a big place that does truck testing and shit as well.

Grayzee 13-05-2009 07:40 PM

yeah exhaust has a cat. several local mechanics perform the duty down here. tread is good. took my rear battery and most of my stereo out too... hopefully it should be right. Some of the other locals on here have put me onto the mechanics least likely to give me a hard time...

tropikal 13-05-2009 09:55 PM

Would they even tell the difference from the turbo??, Not too sure on the wastegate. I guess the Loudness of your Exhaust would be a issue, just get a silencer, Change the bov back to normal. Dont stress too much ay.

Rexxar 13-05-2009 10:20 PM

just general safety stuff...make sure wiper all lights works

the CAI if its not secure they may ping you on that..

exhaust as long u got a cat of some sort and not too loud should pass

gate of a vf34...never seen that before...if you have a screamer pipe extremely illegal but should be ok if plumbed

vyper 13-05-2009 10:33 PM

Generally you wont get past with an external gate - It's a fairly hefty fine as well if they really want to apply the law...

You wont have a problem with the VF34. It's not even noticeable.

scooby99 14-05-2009 10:35 AM

In terms of experiences, my avatar says it all :-)

Grayzee 14-05-2009 08:57 PM

all went well... put a silencer in the exhaust. All he said was nice car and sent me on my way way pretty much. I think the inspector makes a big difference

V3 RA 14-05-2009 08:59 PM

gee sounds like you got a pretty easy run!

hope i never have to take my car over...