Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Tuned Mobile - TLC (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/29263-tuned-mobile-tlc.html)

STi Tuned 23-09-2009 04:50 AM

Tuned Mobile - TLC

Hi all, long time no post.

I and the car have been going through a bit of a thing recently but we've just made up and it's time I did some work and got her ready to sell.

Few issues I was hoping to get some advice on.

Injectors
I'm running from memory 600-660 Sard injectors. On the dyno at 200+kwatw they are still barely breaking a sweat. As such my mid throttle response is jerky and doesn’t make for a pleasant ride. I believe my factory was around 380, not sure... but I'm thinking something in the middle. Suggestions?

Spark Plugs
I've done some reading and mad dog mentioned even the BCPR7ES-11 NGK SPARK PLUG's might be ok. Again this can run close to 2bar so I really want to get the right ones because regapping isn't really an option.

I was hoping to pick these items up myself with the AU doing alright at the moment.

Any advice appreciated.

EXPLICIT 23-09-2009 08:07 AM

Injectors shouldn't be a problem Chris, moreso an issue with the tune, maybe have a chat to your favourite tune house to get that ironed out before going down the path of buying a another set as well R & R.

Rossco 23-09-2009 08:13 AM

Sounds like it's rich in the midrange and/or the acceleration enrichment is all wrong.

What ecu? Is road tuning a possibility?....That's what it needs.

EXPLICIT 23-09-2009 09:27 AM

Quite certain chris runs an autronic pnp.

Rossco 23-09-2009 10:16 AM

Laptop + wideband + 1 hr of tuners time = smooth midrange & better economy (more consistant cruise AFR's & better off boost - on boost transitions)

STi Tuned 23-09-2009 11:40 AM

Thanks guys, now you say that I have a suspicion they're 800's, 600's are what I should have gotten.

Sorry.

[REXPLOIT] 23-09-2009 11:54 AM

Chris,

The '-11' plugs are the 1.1mm gap for memory... (IIRC).

Would have thought the normal plugs, (not -11 extension), would have been the norm....? :confused: Closed to a more 'popular' 0.8mm gap? (Still in the colder number 7 plug though. Either in the platinums or the iridiums). And yeah, what numbers (lambda) are you pumping out with the 800's?

Brent.
:)

STi Tuned 23-09-2009 09:47 PM

Due to get the car tuned shortly, it's been too long to remember the lambda. I remember the IDC was something stupid low though even at the top end.

Ok, fk the plug debate I'll just let the tuner do what they feels' best at service.

So what's the advice for the injectors, I don't mind loosing a bit of top end for more low down response/drive-ability.

Rossco 23-09-2009 10:58 PM

Fit something in the region of 550-600 cc to regain better control of fueling across the board?......
Get some road tuning into it for times when your not driving around foot flat to the boards...For cleaner midrange and cruise.

207 de 24-09-2009 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=EXPLICIT;396552]Injectors shouldn't be a problem Chris, moreso an issue with the tune, maybe have a chat to your favourite tune house to get that ironed out before going down the path of buying a another set as well R & R.[/QUOTE]

just what I was gunna say, just get a tune and go from there, see what tuner has to say?:headbang: