Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Flashing immobiliser key light, car wont start. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/29729-flashing-immobiliser-key-light-car-wont-start.html)

Jaye 19-10-2009 03:03 PM

car got towed this arvo to Subaru... ill keep you posted.

Jaye 21-10-2009 11:15 AM

Just got he word that one module failed in the Brant and that fried the next one in line. about $500 later it will be good to roll. On the upside i will be taking a run down the coast this arvo. But i think ill be looking at replacing it after xmas.

Rossco 21-10-2009 12:03 PM

Damn!.....I'd piss it off and fit an Autowatch 446 RLI.

Evidencee 23-10-2009 10:39 PM

How much are you usually looking at for an Autowatch alarm like that?
Can any place that supplies and fits them easy take out the brant and chuck the new alarm in?
Im really getting sick of this key reading problem, it seems to have gotten worse. Can take up to 15 mins to start my car these days ..

STEVO 24-10-2009 03:15 PM

Hi ya.

My car fowled up two weeks ago :confused:, which turned out being the cause of a faulty module to do with the alarm:(. Although the lights on the dash would light up and the fuel pump would engage, there was no sign of a click or anything when trying to turn key forward. Its all sorted now:D

Rossco 24-10-2009 09:06 PM

[QUOTE=Evidencee;403922]How much are you usually looking at for an Autowatch alarm like that?
Can any place that supplies and fits them easy take out the brant and chuck the new alarm in?
Im really getting sick of this key reading problem, it seems to have gotten worse. Can take up to 15 mins to start my car these days ..[/QUOTE]

The key reader is part of the OEM immobiliser and cannot be removed (it's part of the ecu). The Brant interface is usually the problem not the OEM system....... Your key can loose it's code too but than can be re-flashed by a dealer.

446RLi Premium is around $250 - $300 fitted depending on what options you want i.e selective unlock , window rollup etc.

Jaye 29-10-2009 04:41 PM

I wouldnt recoment taking it to your dealer if the dealer is Subaru Osborne Park. My Brothers mate who works at Premier Motors just down the road saw my car getting flogged along Jon Sanders Drive yesterday arvo after i got a phone call from them saying it would need to have a sleep over to fix the immobiliser. Im going to pick it up now... im not really thrilled. Anyone else had issues with these muppets?

haydn_wolf 29-10-2009 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=Jaye;405280]I wouldnt recoment taking it to your dealer if the dealer is Subaru Osborne Park. My Brothers mate who works at Premier Motors just down the road saw my car getting flogged along Jon Sanders Drive yesterday arvo after i got a phone call from them saying it would need to have a sleep over to fix the immobiliser. Im going to pick it up now... im not really thrilled. Anyone else had issues with these muppets?[/QUOTE]

Is he sure it was your car? There is a lot of them out there that can look the same without closer inspection!

Jaye 29-10-2009 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=haydn_wolf;405281]Is he sure it was your car? There is a lot of them out there that can look the same without closer inspection![/QUOTE]

Yeah he is sure it was my car, blue club spec evo 6, black tint, big front mount and a white sticker on the back window that only me and my brother have... it has been seen twice in the last 2 days. While i havent had it. I mean i know that test drives are necessary, but flogging the guts out of a car to see if an immobiliser is working... i dont know, i think its a bit suss.

Rossco 29-10-2009 05:39 PM

[QUOTE=Jaye;405280]I wouldnt recoment taking it to your dealer if the dealer is Subaru Osborne Park. My Brothers mate who works at Premier Motors just down the road saw another [B][U]blue WRX that looked like mine [/U][/B]getting flogged along Jon Sanders Drive yesterday arvo after i got a phone call from them saying it would need to have a sleep over to fix the immobiliser. Im going to pick it up now... im not really thrilled. Anyone else had issues with these muppets?[/QUOTE]

Edited for correctness.

How many km were on it when you dropped it off?
How many Km did they add to your car?

Perhaps it's a wind up by your bro's mate?......You seem overly sensitive about it...