Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Tune Issue? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/31952-tune-issue.html)

JA50N 03-02-2010 05:35 PM

Tune Issue?

I seem to have had a slight problem since Saturday night with the WRX. I went for a cruise through the hills and used Antilag for some parts of it.

Sunday was fine, Monday was fine but yesterday afternoon I was waiting (5 minutes) to cross a over 2 lanes to go up the other half of the dual carriage. I seen a gap in the traffic and give it some to get into the middle.

Then I take off from the middle and it felt as if I'd blown a cooler pipe off, but the turbo would still slightly spool, but not as well as normal. Anyway, Jim and I put it on the hoist this afternoon and found there was a vacum line had popped off a T-piece. We put this back on and it seems to have solved the problem, although now it pops alot more.

I also drove around for around 2-3 weeks with a standard exhaust when I got it licensed and have had the aftermarket exhaust on for 1 week. It's got a pretty strong rich smell when idling. It needs tuning but could anyone think of any reason why this happened? I'm stumped.

I'm running a Autronic in it. Any help would be appriciated.

Jason.

tommo 03-02-2010 06:01 PM

so your car was tuned with antilag and a standard exhaust and you have now have changed the exhaust?

American Dave 03-02-2010 06:04 PM

Your running rich and your car needs a good tune simple as that I reckon. stay off the antilag as well unless you want to buy a new turbo.

JA50N 03-02-2010 06:08 PM

[QUOTE=tommo;428457]so your car was tuned with antilag and a standard exhaust and you have now have changed the exhaust?[/QUOTE]

Tuned with aftermarket exhaust, standard exhaust went on to get it over the pits and last week we put the aftermarket one back on.

American Dave 03-02-2010 06:09 PM

ok then who / where tuned it for you?

JA50N 03-02-2010 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave;428458]Your running rich and your car needs a good tune simple as that I reckon. stay off the antilag as well unless you want to buy a new turbo.[/QUOTE]

I only used it for the hills run, barely use it. Thanks for the advice tho Dave, buying a big snail for my big build, so want to try get 3 months out of this one til it's ready.

207 de 04-02-2010 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=JA50N;428468]I only used it for the hills run, barely use it.......... buying a big snail for my big build, so want to try get 3 months out of this one til it's ready.[/QUOTE]

Well I wouldnt worry about it then, your rebuilding and fitting a bigger turbo in 3 months so dont go spending any money on the current setup.

JA50N 04-02-2010 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=207 de;428711]Well I wouldnt worry about it then, your rebuilding and fitting a bigger turbo in 3 months so dont go spending any money on the current setup.[/QUOTE]

Not using this motor mate, building it from absolute scratch. This motor will be coming out and I'll be selling it so I want to tune it so I don't damage it because it's a half decent motor for someone wanting to upgrade.

207 de 05-02-2010 12:34 PM

Ok, then take it to a workshop that tunes Autronics when you get the chance. Whatever it is it doesnt seem like a major issue. All signs of running rich. Hows your fuel economy? Whats the inside of your exhaust look like? (Colour)...

If it was my car I'd take it easy until I got a professional opinion on it then decide if I needed to actually do anything about it.