Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   2009 WRX Sedan Squeaky Clutch (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/34381-2009-wrx-sedan-squeaky-clutch.html)

blitDz 18-05-2010 02:04 PM

2009 WRX Sedan Squeaky Clutch

Hey all,

Just over the last month or so my clutch has started emitting a squeak when i press on it and depress. It sounds very similar to a hinge of a door that needs lubricant. I have had my car since January 2009 and it has done 33,000kms which is basically to and from work and too the girlfriends house. I have had it booked in 3 times now with Subaru Wangara to get it checked. The first 2 times they said they haven't been able to hear it. Today is the third attempt to take it in. Now they have looked it over and said there is something that is wrong with the car but in order to find out they need to take the gearbox out of the car. That is all good and well but they have informed me that if they find that the cause is a part not under warranty they will charge me just for looking at the car. They told me they think that there may be dust on the thrust bearing. This is not covered under warranty. My main concern is because of my lack of knowledge regarding cars i don't want to get ripped off. I am wrong in thinking that this is unfair that they are going to charge me to check up on a potential warranty claim? I have just come back off holidays so i am low on funds and thought i would run it past you guys first.

Thanks for your time.

Jezza 18-05-2010 02:07 PM

Maybe the hinge of the actual pedal itself requires lubricant?

I wouldnt be worried about a small squeak in the clutch pedal personally...

RUSSGT 18-05-2010 02:08 PM

Thats the worst thing i have ever heard! Bad form Wankagara subaru!

blitDz 18-05-2010 02:11 PM

I have inspected it and it seems to be coming from just behind the TMIC. I have spent time looking all over the net and there are people having similar issues but of course nothing definitive. I will check all the pedals again though.

fatboy 18-05-2010 02:23 PM

mine is doing it also, but i think now the exhaust is on i wont be able to hear it (problem solved!)

nauli 18-05-2010 04:09 PM

Melville Subaru...

MY00GC8 18-05-2010 04:37 PM

This problem is usually lack of grease on the shaft that the release bearing sits on..
definitely covered under warranty, we have done many of these at work
and you shouldn't be charged anything to have the initial inspection on a warranty issue

blitDz 19-05-2010 09:35 AM

Ok thanks guys, I'll try a different dealership next time.

RobBah 31-07-2010 05:36 PM

Greetings.
Are you still having this issue?
I have just gone 25K (09 WRX) and recently noticed a very slight squeak. The squeak occurs when the car is cold (usually the first few kms for the day) and then seems to disappear.
Any advise would be handy.
Many thanks
RB

redlib 31-07-2010 05:44 PM

get some WD-40 go under the dash and spray some of it on the hinge of the clutch pedal and the rod, operate the clutch a few times and spray it a few times. If still there would go with the assumption lack of grease on the input shaft that the release bearing runs on.