Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   cash job anyone on my wrx 99? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/36184-cash-job-anyone-my-wrx-99-a.html)

steven_c 08-08-2010 08:13 PM

cash job anyone on my wrx 99?

story so far.. my wrx is running on 3 cyinders because it had a front end crash and took out the pulleys, i replaced all the pulleys with new belt and it run's but not very well and quite loud,

anyone fancy earning a bit of dollar? need to find out which valve it has taken out and and replace etc, etc, i will of course get all the parts etc, i could do it myself i just dont have the place. so if someone wants to do it with me etc, i can of course pay.. let me know..

or does anyone know of any garages who would take this on? simple like a head gasket change,

many thanks steve :D

99 wrx gc8...

redlib 08-08-2010 08:18 PM

Not exactly simple, engine has to come out.

GX-REX 08-08-2010 08:22 PM

Pass.
Engine out job and if you are lucky it is only a valve. Could have piston damage as well as damaging the valve seat in the head.

Best of luck.

mARC 08-08-2010 08:24 PM

Read first line of OPs' post and saw redlibs' comment and had to laugh hard :p

Reminds me when I use to work for my father and a certain culture use to come to the workshop with wrecked cars they bought that had bowed through the roof 'essentially meaning either the backend was pointing up or down', saying I've got a real cheap cash job for you.

Fathers response was always, if its so cheap and easy do it yourself :p

Note: Not having a go at OP, and as always prob way off topic :D

redlib 08-08-2010 08:25 PM

yer the engine i'm building atm, the intake valves hit the pistons, so thats probably whats wrong with yours,

tiddy 08-08-2010 08:39 PM

Looks like "carly's" car....

IMPRESHER 08-08-2010 09:07 PM

I've got most tools engine Jack, stand at home and willing to help if you want?? Can leave the car in the garage next to impresher??

steven_c 08-08-2010 10:16 PM

i have no drama's doing it re-building the engine etc, its just i am at a rented accomadation and car'nt really or dont have a garage etc at the moment to put the wrx back on the road, i know there will be damage in there, so i am expecting the worst..

impresher where you located buddy? pm me details.. cheers..

JDM_STYLE 08-08-2010 10:17 PM

Just take it to Doug @ STechnic, shouldn't take too long and
he'll check to make sure there is no other little problems that
could have you taking the motor out again not long after you
put in back in.

steven_c 09-08-2010 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;477843]Just take it to Doug @ STechnic, shouldn't take too long and
he'll check to make sure there is no other little problems that
could have you taking the motor out again not long after you
put in back in.[/QUOTE]

What sort of money do you think I am looking at?