Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Crankcase to intake manifold question (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/36321-crankcase-intake-manifold-question.html)

EXPLICIT 15-08-2010 01:38 PM

Crankcase to intake manifold question

Lads [ladies]

Im re-doing my oil/seperator setup. Can anyone confirm for me if the crankcase to manifold line is still required. Can't remember if I needed to retain the one way valve under the throttle intake or can block it off. Intention is to vent crankcase directly along with the heads to the the catchcan arrangement and either plumb back into the intake or external.

thanks.

Jme

tuna 15-08-2010 01:41 PM

connect your crankcase up with the cam breathers, the one way valve (pcv) is the suction side of the catch can setup. (ie on lift off only)

Mister Two 15-08-2010 02:59 PM

I removed my PCV and stuck a bolt in its place to block it off completely

My catch can is vented with filtered outlet

EXPLICIT 15-08-2010 08:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys.

whacked some gromets in pcv and turbo inlet pipe. On the path to getting the car sorted for Collie :D

jEstEr? 17-08-2010 01:14 PM

I've currently got my 2 heads and crank plumed into the catch can, with a tube then going from the catch can to the PCV and a third one venting to atmospheric. the way i figured is on boost its breathing through the vent and off boost the PCV is pulling a vacuum. I wanted to get the vent plummed through one of those oil cap AOS's back to the inlet so it is always pulling a vacuum but should still catch any oil vapour

BALISTC 17-08-2010 01:24 PM

My catch can is simple as anything.

Hose 1 - All breathers tee'd into that one line, going to catch can

Hose 2 - PCV

Can vents to atmo through filter.

EXPLICIT 17-08-2010 01:24 PM

Mat(t), That's what I think I'll end up doing. Intending on going from heads and crankcase to the can, which then plumbs in the prova re-circulation and then back to the intake.
Use the clear hose back to the intake to monitor how much oil gets through.

jEstEr? 17-08-2010 02:00 PM

I still think something is not quite right with my setup though, at RAC or wanners it will fill the can and even spew oil out the filter, but at collie or any other event the catch can is bone dry. I wonder if its dependant on which side of the car the catch can is on?

I have resolved one issue I was having through with a kinked hose which was making oil spew all over my exhaust. Pretty glad I fixed that one ..

XT43 17-08-2010 02:07 PM

Has anyone got a price for the MMS one that plumbs straight back to the sump?
Its looks pretty sweet doubling up as the battery holder and is pretty much the best solution to a major headache..

Kato 17-08-2010 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=XT43;480627]Has anyone got a price for the MMS one that plumbs straight back to the sump?
Its looks pretty sweet doubling up as the battery holder and is pretty much the best solution to a major headache..[/QUOTE]

Keen to know that price too. Nice unit.