Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   integrated module location (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/38322-integrated-module-location.html)

REXSESSIVE 07-11-2010 08:01 PM

integrated module location

trying to located integrated module ?
its in relation to the combination meter ie. instument cluster on a 2002 rx impreza cheers guys

johnvk7 07-11-2010 08:54 PM

that model does not have body integrated unit. '06 onwards for Impreza

REXSESSIVE 07-11-2010 10:45 PM

re

their is one shown on the wiring diagram i have for the car where are they located on the newer models ?

johnvk7 09-11-2010 10:13 PM

The integrated unit is under the dash, just to the left of the steering column, but not on an '02. There is definitely no integrated unit on any '02 Impreza, or any '02 Subaru that I know of. Drive by wire=body integrated module. Are you looking for the immobiliser module? It is directly under the steering column, small black box, white connector, i think 8 pin

REXSESSIVE 15-11-2010 04:20 PM

re

1 Attachment(s)
the problem is with the dash lights on the car everything else works fine just dash lights dont work their are two positive feeds at the globes on the back of the dash the wiring diagram shows a intergrated box

johnvk7 15-11-2010 08:13 PM

the backlight globes are shown at the left side of the wiring diagram. The CPU that is in the middle of the diagram controls the speedo, tacho and odometer as well as various warning lights, it is inside the cluster. Have you checked fuses? You need to trace the power supply and earth circuits. Looks like when the globes are on, it goes to ground through the wire labeled E. It will match up with another wire labeled E on another page of the combination meter diagrams. Make sure your looking at the RHD diagrams also.

gass4wrx 30-04-2018 07:32 AM

Hi, this is a long shot, but I still own a MY02 WRX and I'm having exactly the same issues you had in 2010. My dash lights are not turning on, everything else is OK. I've checked fuses, relays, multi-switch, bulbs, etc., etc. I also had those same schematics you posted (I got them on PDF) and I CANNOT find anywhere the INTEGRATED MODULE. I've torn appart the whole dashboard, NO CLUES!!!

Did you find a solution?? Do you remember for a miracle??

Thanks and sorry to bother...

Bram 30-04-2018 10:22 AM

Try behind the glovebox. Dont know about that exact model, but Other models like foresters for example have a small module there that controls the dimming of the lighting. All things like dash illumination, keylight, and also interior light go there. And its quite common for them to fail if the circuit is shorted. (Like when some one who doesnt know what they are doing trys to fit LEDs or mod the interior light etc.

nick73 30-04-2018 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=johnvk7;510569]The integrated unit is under the dash, just to the left of the steering column, but not on an '02.[B] There is definitely no integrated unit on any '02 Impreza, or any '02 Subaru that I know of.[/B] Drive by wire=body integrated module. Are you looking for the immobiliser module? It is directly under the steering column, small black box, white connector, i think 8 pin[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=gass4wrx;851754]Hi, this is a long shot, but I still own a MY02 WRX and I'm having exactly the same issues you had in 2010. My dash lights are not turning on, everything else is OK. I've checked fuses, relays, multi-switch, bulbs, etc., etc. I also had those same schematics you posted (I got them on PDF) and I CANNOT find anywhere the INTEGRATED MODULE. I've torn appart the whole dashboard, NO CLUES!!!

Did you find a solution?? Do you remember for a miracle??

Thanks and sorry to bother...[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the dude above your post is a Subaru service tech/mechanic. Not doubting your Subaru electronics knowledge Bram.