Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   TMIC hitting clutch fluid reservoir (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/38407-tmic-hitting-clutch-fluid-reservoir.html)

BALISTC 11-11-2010 01:20 PM

TMIC hitting clutch fluid reservoir

Hi everyone,

So I’ve got an 08 STi TMIC installed in my GD, and it wouldn’t fit without me bending my clutch reservoir bracket in towards the brake master cylinder as far as it will go. I also had to mount the IC about 1cm to the right to provide clearance.

It now all clears, but the clearance is small (1cm).. I’m worried that its going to be hitting the TMIC when the engine is running and therefore moving.

I know that for GDB TMIC -> GC8, a GD clutch reservoir and bracket are installed.. but in my case, I already have this and the clearance I’m chasing still isn’t there.

Any ideas? Maybe an 08 STi reservoir and bracket?? I can’t seem to find a solution because the Seppo’s who do this conversion regularly, have their shit on the other side.

Cheers

Strubaru 11-11-2010 01:23 PM

can you tilt the back of the tmic upwards to give more clearance?

RUSSGT 11-11-2010 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC;511096]Hi everyone,

So I’ve got an 08 STi TMIC installed in my GD, and it wouldn’t fit without me bending my clutch reservoir bracket in towards the brake master cylinder as far as it will go. I also had to mount the IC about 1cm to the right to provide clearance.

It now all clears, but the clearance is small (1cm).. [B]I’m worried that its going to be hitting the TMIC when the engine is running and therefore moving.[/B]
I know that for GDB TMIC -> GC8, a GD clutch reservoir and bracket are installed.. but in my case, I already have this and the clearance I’m chasing still isn’t there.

Any ideas? Maybe an 08 STi reservoir and bracket?? I can’t seem to find a solution because the Seppo’s who do this conversion regularly, have their shit on the other side.

Cheers

☺[/QUOTE]

So what are you worried about? LOLocoptOR

Can you do what they do on gc8's and just cut your reservoir down?

BALISTC 11-11-2010 01:27 PM

Har har, it already runs :)

I probably could.. Its remotely mounted so its not hard to move it elsewhere, but I just wanted to see if there was an easy OEM type option.

tiddy 11-11-2010 01:30 PM

Needs pics Joe.
I used a remote reservoir from a Hyundai Lantra. Good having a paddock full of cars.

BALISTC 11-11-2010 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=Strubaru;511097]can you tilt the back of the tmic upwards to give more clearance?[/QUOTE]

Won't work.. I'd have to lift the back by 10cm as the reservoir cap is near the top of the TMIC.

Forgot to mention, its actually the cap that's close.. The reservoir is further away.

Strubaru 11-11-2010 01:39 PM

there is a dogleg reservoir that jeff (type25) was telling me about that you could use, from memory its off a hyundai

do you already have group N engine & gearbox mounts?