Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Low oil but no oil leaks (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/38556-low-oil-but-no-oil-leaks.html)

ImPreSiV 18-11-2010 09:11 AM

2 weeks, give it 2 days

teejay 18-11-2010 09:16 AM

EJ20's [I]love[/I] not being correctly oiled.

Should go do some hard cornering also.

rjw 18-11-2010 09:21 AM

Geez, I'm servicing it today.

BOMB3R 18-11-2010 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=rjw;513148]Geez, I'm servicing it today.[/QUOTE]
Yeh 40k to late. By servicing it yourself I assume you also mean you're only going to change the oil and filters?

Kato 18-11-2010 09:38 AM

Don't listen to these faggots.

How many threads are there out there saying they need to put in some thicker oil to get correct lubrication?

What they don't realise is leaving your oil in your engine naturally thickens it up! The reason you don't have any showing on your dipstick, is that is is now stuck to your pistons giving permanent lubrication on cold startup. People pay massive bucks for 'castrol magnatec' to give the same 'clinging' powers, not realising all that castrol do is sell you some old recycled oil!

You'll find there is now a racing blend 15W60 in your motor. The check engine light has come on due to lack of limiter launches. (The ecu expects a limiter launch and skid every 10,000km from your Subaru mechanic) Get onto this before the service and after the service to reset the ECU.

P.S. Don't tell anyone these secrets otherwise the service industry will go into recession.

rjw 18-11-2010 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi;513154]Yeh 40k to late. By servicing it yourself I assume you also mean you're only going to change the oil and filters?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

Strubaru 18-11-2010 09:45 AM

run a can of upper engine cleaner through it before you drop the oil, only available from subaru, about $17 a can ;)

teejay 18-11-2010 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi;513154]Yeh 40k to late. By servicing it yourself I assume you also mean you're only going to change the oil and filters?[/QUOTE]

What else is he going to do - tweak the carbs?

BOMB3R 18-11-2010 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=Kato;513155]Don't listen to these faggots.

How many threads are there out there saying they need to put in some thicker oil to get correct lubrication?

What they don't realise is leaving your oil in your engine naturally thickens it up! [B]The reason you don't have any showing on your dipstick, is that is is now stuck to your pistons giving permanent lubrication on cold startup. People pay massive bucks for 'castrol magnatec' to give the same 'clinging' powers, not realising all that castrol do is sell you some old recycled oil![/B]
You'll find there is now a racing blend 15W60 in your motor. The check engine light has come on due to lack of limiter launches. (The ecu expects a limiter launch and skid every 10,000km from your Subaru mechanic) Get onto this before the service and after the service to reset the ECU.

P.S. Don't tell anyone these secrets otherwise the service industry will go into recession.[/QUOTE]

So true oil definitely tends to stick to furry pistons alot better because it has more abrasions to cling to.

rjw 18-11-2010 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=Kato;513155]
(The ecu expects a limiter launch and skid every 10,000km from your Subaru mechanic) Get onto this before the service and after the service to reset the ECU.[/QUOTE]

What's a 'limiter launch and skid' and how does that reset the ECU?