Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Aircon Fail (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/39504-aircon-fail.html)

BoxorBeast 10-01-2011 08:06 PM

Aircon Fail

Hey guys, my Aircon in my car has been really crap since I bought it because it needed re-gassing. Yesterday I had enough of it blowing just hot air, these days are getting too hot esp with a black car...

so went got it regassed paid $150.... was working soo lovely when I got it back! soo nice and cold no problems. Today was driving along, came to a stop at redlight and heard a loud pop. Thought it was the old bomb of a car in front of me, drove abit and noticed that the aircon felt weak, was blowing hardly any air out.... turned it on maximum and it was still seemed like it was struggling....

I also noticed that when parked in my garage it was dripping water under the car, is that normal ? I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I recently got my heater core replaced because the old one was rooted. Any ideas on what went wrong ? and solutions

RichX 10-01-2011 08:09 PM

Water dripping out is normal - It's the condensate. Happens on most cars ..

JDM_STYLE 10-01-2011 08:19 PM

Lound POP and no air coming out, take it back to where you got it re-gassed if the also do repairs etc as they should be able to find out what's wrong.

Doesn't sound to good though.

romeo 10-01-2011 08:24 PM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;526083]Lound POP and no air coming out, take it back to where you got it re-gassed if the also do repairs etc as they should be able to find out what's wrong.

Doesn't sound to good though.[/QUOTE]

Hope they didnt over charge it!!!

RXqME 10-01-2011 08:41 PM

Water coming out is normal but for hardly any air coming out sounds like your air blower or possibly the resistor is on the way? Is the somewhat air thats coming out still cold?

BoxorBeast 10-01-2011 08:44 PM

Yes, there is only a tad bit of air coming out that's cold

mARC 10-01-2011 08:48 PM

Check the aluminum hoses near the radiator and see if they're greasy. You'll also see the valve there that they use to fill the gas up with, take the cap off, depress the value and check if the gas is being released under pressure.

seagull 10-01-2011 09:54 PM

Dont play with the valve, take it back to who did the work its safer

WhiteRX 10-01-2011 11:15 PM

[QUOTE=romeo;526086]Hope they didnt over charge it!!![/QUOTE]

overcharging the ac system wont do anything but make it blow hot air when the high pressure gets too high. They have a high pressure cutout for this exact reason.

If it needed a regas at that age chances are that there is something wrong with the ac system.

TROLLEY 11-01-2011 10:20 AM

[QUOTE=WhiteRX;526192]If it needed a regas at that age chances are that there is something wrong with the ac system.[/QUOTE]
My money is on the compressor going pop.