Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Yellow sticker (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/44688-yellow-sticker.html)

mad_dog153 14-09-2011 06:06 PM

Yellow sticker

Hey guys, inevitable but I finally got a canary today from the 5/0, not very happy! Just wanting to know people's opinions and experience with taking their cars over the pits. I need to take off my window tint/ tail light tint, probably find a silencer. Also need to find someone with some standard bugeye lights to borrow maybe or just get high beam for my headlights I've got. Also wondering about front mounts and bovs? Has anyone managed to pass with these?i managed it few years ago on my old rs. I'd like to change as little as possible to pass if possible. Any suggestions on the best pits to go to or anything else please let me know!
Cheers
Dan

AJAYJAY 14-09-2011 06:10 PM

i went to warwick pits with a full 3inch exhaust and they didnt say to silence it.. just do much as you can with removal of tints and lights, find a stock bov and fingers crossed that youd be lucky to pass first go though

redlib 14-09-2011 06:15 PM

Do the tinit, check and make sure all your lights work, make sure no oil leaks and your tyres are in good condition. Then take it over, hopefully you pass, if not, you will get a list on what needs doing, just do those things on the list, cause they cant go and change it. Then you should pass.

mARC 14-09-2011 06:24 PM

Highbeams would definitely be on the cards, remove all tint, do all the little things like check internal belts work properly, doors close, check windscreen washer fluid, source some mesh for your FMiC, restore factory BOV.

Hit up the engine bay with a good wash 'top and bottom', clean the car inside/outside.

What else did they pick/does your car 'suffer', from a case of to low?

mad_dog153 14-09-2011 06:48 PM

Yeah was just going to do the obvious really. Cars still pretty neat, not too low or anything. My front bumpers a bit cut up to fit in the front mount though, and how about hids? Can I have low beam hid then high beam normal yellow? Also one of my intercooler pipes goes down behind and under the engine for some shitty reason, hangs pretty low so I'm hoping they don't say anything about that either. I guess I'll just do the obvious, give the car a good clean in and out and give it a go!

squid 14-09-2011 06:52 PM

I got a canary for tint, stock bonnet scoop and stock wing, and "bov not audible"
Got home, littery just pulled the tint off that night in the garage with this steam thing, and took it over warick pits a few days later,
I got a permit for my bov (gfb stealth) and
My loud 3" jfk zorst, also got a permit for my stock 05 bonnet scoop.
He told me to be carefull with my hid headlights, and that i should replace them,
To get new tyer cos there were bald as lol
And to clean the windows and windscreen (still had the tint glue )
But he still passed me, :D cost about $140 all up, best cop iv ever met haha

Pimpreza 14-09-2011 07:14 PM

Not a cop, just a mechanic that has passed some tests & wears a uniform.

AJAYJAY 14-09-2011 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=squid;607785]
I got a permit for my bov (gfb stealth) and
My loud 3" jfk zorst, also got a permit for my stock 05 bonnet scoop.
[/QUOTE]

howd you get permits?

Munsie 14-09-2011 07:46 PM

Front mount fine, sapose to have grill over it, but most pits will pass you anyway, really depends who your inspector is, some old guys are pricks and will pick you up for every little thing, others will pass you with ease. You'd mayaswell bother with silencer aswell first time round, you'd hate to not pass just due to exhaust

ausyve 14-09-2011 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=squid;607785]I got a canary for tint, stock bonnet scoop and stock wing, and "bov not audible"

How and why would you get a sticker for stock scoop and wing?