Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Johns 207 build (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/45790-johns-207-build.html)

johnvk7 25-10-2010 09:21 PM

I'm still learning with the tuning, my cars a bit of guinea pig, the thing is, with open source tuning is its not real time, you have to read the ROM, make changes, reflash, then drive it or dyno and check the results, very drawn out process.

American Dave 25-10-2010 09:31 PM

yep I understand the process but are you using other peoples roms and just tweaking it or are you starting from stock rom and doing it all yourself ?

Mister Two 25-10-2010 09:32 PM

Well done. Do you use wide band sensor and knock amp?

johnvk7 26-10-2010 07:30 PM

[QUOTE]yep I understand the process but are you using other peoples roms and just tweaking it or are you starting from stock rom and doing it all yourself ?[/QUOTE]

I've done it all myself, like i said, the car and ROM were completely stock when I bought it I've looked at a few other ROMS, but I found it easier to do it myself as every cars different. I need to buy a wideband EGO sensor so i can go further. As for the the knock amp, I can get a pretty good idea of any knocking when i log data, the factory knocking correction system is pretty good. I know there heaps more in the car as it is, having driven quite a few cars with Ecutek, just need to buy the wideband and take the next step. I need to get on a dyno too, just a bit safer then flying around back streets.

RUSSGT 27-10-2010 09:48 AM

haha tuning without a wideband or knock amp.

Oh so are these customers cars you take for a fang with the ECUtek?

No wonder I will never take my car to Subaru or any Dealer for servicing! Little pimply faced punks thrash your car trying to learn "Tuning".

johnvk7 27-10-2010 12:03 PM

spoken like a true ignoramus. If you actually read what i posted you would see that i've stopped my tuning till i can afford to buy a wideband. And factory knock correction and feedback is way more advanced then some aftermarket rubbish. As for your comments about thrashing cars, anyone that had driven a viariety of Subaru's tuned and untuned would know the amount of torque that ecutek tuning gives over standard, there's no need to thrash cars to find that out.

American Dave 27-10-2010 12:15 PM

insulting members is not tolerated here, if it continues then we that person a holiday here.

johnvk7 27-10-2010 12:24 PM

Sorry, i apolagize, just that as someone that works at a dealership it gets a bit frustrating. Private workshops have apprentices as well, and you can guarantee they do services. We respect peoples cars here, just like any other dealership, a roadtest is a part of the service, and it easy to tell when a car has ecutek or a tune. I meant that after driving cars that are tuned I can see the potential of a good tune. Also I experiment with my car, not other peoples property.

American Dave 27-10-2010 12:27 PM

excellent and thanks for clarifying...you just caught russ on the wrong time of the month :D

RUSSGT 27-10-2010 01:17 PM

hahaha Dave!