Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   newbie needs help with performance out of motor.. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/45944-newbie-needs-help-performance-out-motor.html)

krittas 20-11-2011 05:05 PM

newbie needs help with performance out of motor..

Hey guys im new to the " REX thing" so am very green not sure if ive even post in the right spot,
ive spent a few weeks looking arround on this forum for information on getting abit more out of my 03 wrx hatch (MY04) but then get lost in some of the translation that appears...(to old maybe)
At pres it only has a cat back zorst nothing else...
was thinking of starting out with a sti TMIC (Have access to one)
and getting the 3" zorst done from turbo back...Been looking for a turbo upgrade as well..(VF series off a sti maybe)
What else can be done...Will need a tune as well sometime so what would you guys look at..best shops to look at perhaps.
This car is a daily so not after huge power but just driveability/reliability and something i can have some fun in..(for some reason every commodore owner in perth who pulls up next to me has to prove themselves)
I know this has probally been asked before so appologies in advance...

MattuZ 20-11-2011 06:25 PM

try searching

teejay 20-11-2011 07:35 PM

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/eaqjj4.png[/IMG]

krittas 20-11-2011 09:26 PM

LOL...thanks for the help
2nd line of my thread actually says what youve said....
cheers anyway...

TROLLEY 20-11-2011 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=krittas;628654]LOL...thanks for the help
2nd line of my thread actually says what youve said....
cheers anyway...[/QUOTE]

Maybe your search skills suck then.
ASG (Allstar Garage) for Verso tune, or MMS (Maximum Motorsport) for ECUTEK tune. Norm Butler in Carlisle for turbo back exhaust, alternatively Prestige Exhaust.

Someone else will have to chime in for info relating to turbo choice, but a bigger intercooler is always handy.

Hope this helps.

krittas 20-11-2011 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=TROLLEY;628660]Maybe your search skills suck then.
ASG (Allstar Garage) for Verso tune, or MMS (Maximum Motorsport) for ECUTEK tune. Norm Butler in Carlisle for turbo back exhaust, alternatively Prestige Exhaust.

Someone else will have to chime in for info relating to turbo choice, but a bigger intercooler is always handy.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Yeah mate i find the search function a mission unless you know some basics of what your looking for.Im lost on what i need...ill admit to sucking at it...did try tho but opened up a huge can of worms..found alot of usefull stuff if i was after a super quick car..i understand some ppl are lazy and the Q gets asked a million times..
have spoken to guys at both mms and all star but was looking for some info so i dont get raped with stuff i dont really need or need to do...

cheers for the help

XKLUSIVWRX 20-11-2011 10:32 PM

Go verso tune at ASG. Good value for money. Just my 2c.

_daz_ 20-11-2011 10:57 PM

Try searching the Perth-WRX site in Google, i find this easier most of the time, depending of course on what key terms or specific phrases you are trying to search for, correct spelling works wonders also.

As has been mentioned in the countless threads similar to this, best thing to do is settle on a workshop that you trust to do the work on your car then ask them what they suggest, as different workshops have different approaches, preferred brands and methods to achieve the results you want.

Kato 21-11-2011 08:28 AM

Exhaust and TMIC will make bugger all power until you are tuned. Add a quality panel filter to complete the package.

Don't do the VF34 until you are getting tuned for it.

These mods are the most frequently done to a WRX as they provide the best bang for buck.

Avalanche 21-11-2011 10:24 AM

Maybe some suspension mods instead?