Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Anyone work at Subaru? A little help please (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/48161-anyone-work-subaru-little-help-please.html)

BFOUR 26-03-2012 11:06 AM

Anyone work at Subaru? A little help please

Hi all,

Having some issues with the good old Brant system..... grrrrr..... Have had my B4 Lib sitting in the shed for a bit while iv'e been juggling a wife with a broken arm and a newborn and forgot to put the trickle charger on the battery :( So now of course i need the bloody master pin code and don't really want to get assf...ked by subaru for another $150 for some dude to type in a few numbers on my keypad!

So, does anyone have any contacts at Subaru who could help me out in exchange for some cool beverages?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Fish

cspec 26-03-2012 11:12 AM

try brad at city subaru he's been very helpful before

mARC 26-03-2012 11:59 AM

I stand corrected but I thought you could verify the vehicle over the phone?

Addy 26-03-2012 12:34 PM

Go to Subaru Melville, provide them with your VIN and your driver's license number and they will be able to give you the code (if you are nice enough, as they have no obligation to :))

Adi

munya 26-03-2012 12:35 PM

This is the issue I had with me car when I first got it 4 weeks parked up while I was at work no one driving = dead battery every time I got back and pay Subaru to come fix it

Sent from da iPhone using Tapa on someone's unsecured wifi :)

nauli 26-03-2012 12:51 PM

You don't need a master code...there is a Brant Reset thread on this forum...search...

_daz_ 26-03-2012 12:58 PM

They will not just give you the master code over the phone, or anything like that, as they do everything possible to avoid general public knowing the Brant master code. Unfortunately you will need to get the car to a Subaru dealer for them to input the code for you.

I gave RMS (so S-Technic may have it now) my old Brant control module which I had the master code & PIN's changed from Subaru's ones..if they do still have it you can put it into your car so you'll at least be able to drive, rather than pay for towing, to Subaru. Put yours back in, get them to input their master code into yours and return the other one back to S-Technic.

It'd be worth giving the reset thing a try first, although it never worked on my Brant, you might get lucky.

RedMY01Owen 26-03-2012 01:58 PM

The last time I had an issue with my Brant system I called Subaru Ossy PK and the guy in service was more than happy to provide my Brant master code after verifying my identity.

Jacob92 26-03-2012 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=Addy;664355]Go to Subaru Melville, provide them with your VIN and your driver's license number and they will be able to give you the code (if you are nice enough, as they have no obligation to :))

Adi[/QUOTE]

Call mick at Mellville top bloke

Rexxar 26-03-2012 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=nauli;664366]You don't need a master code...there is a Brant Reset thread on this forum...search...[/QUOTE]

if you guys still need it

There is a thread on this somewhere,but in the interest of saving time,try the following reset procedure:

BRANT RESET

• You need two people to do this
• Your car battery must be fully charged and in good shape

(1) Disconnect car battery negative terminal for 5 to 6 minutes
(2) Hold down 0 and # at the same time on the keypad and reconnect the battery whilst still holding down
(3) Release 0 and #
(4) Enter 0 four times on keypad
(5) The keypad is now reset to accept your PIN