Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   getting over the pits. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/48178-getting-over-pits.html)

libHERty 27-03-2012 03:28 PM

getting over the pits.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Hey guys, [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]On the weekend, my boyfriend’s beloved GC8 got a yellow sticker for being too loud, which I knew was bound to happen any day.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]They gave him Yellow Sticker just for the exhaust & nothing else, but wrote on the piece of paper 'Full inspection required'[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Should he be worried? & where’s the best place to go with a heavily modified car?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I heard Wawrick is okay, but 2 guys there are pricks & then a lot of people have said Midland are good with modified cars.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]He has booked in with Mettams to get him screamer & external gate plumbed back & decided to get a high flow cat exhaust, seeing as his cat was bashed out in a home job & makes the car sound horrible & extremely loud.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]His driver’s seat belt doesn't retract, but that's easy to fix, his got adjustable coilovers, so height won't be a problem & his going to disconnect the Antilag/rotational idle & High boost switches, so they can't play with them, other than that his already had a yellow about 6 months ago & still has the mesh over the fmic, but has had a fair bit of work on the car since, he has had a gt30/76 top mounted, what will they say about that if it has been professionally fitted? Will he just need a permit?? [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Also his speed rating on his tyres is 82 & should be 92, does anyone have any rims & tyres to fit Brembos with the correct speed rating anything from 2001-2004 STi should fit!! He just needs to borrow them to go over the pits & will pay to borrow them or even swap for standard MY99 stock rims and tyres with good tread?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana]Abit of a novel, but can't stress less over it & hoping to pass with flying colours, but obviously expect them to pick on some things, but would like the list as short as possible!! :) [/FONT][/FONT]

TROLLEY 27-03-2012 03:57 PM

haahahahahahahahahaha commissions test

AFAIK there's no "better" pit to go to. They all have their cunts, and it's a lottery as to whether you get one on the day no matter where you take it.

Strubaru 27-03-2012 04:06 PM

gin gin

mARC 27-03-2012 04:16 PM

If you open your mouth at Welshpool in regards to modified cars expect to walk out not passing and having to get an engineers cert.

FYI: These take ages once submitted.

ITGRIPS 27-03-2012 04:26 PM

take it to any inspection place [B][I]as is[/I][/B], get list back of what to change/get engineered, go home, swear a bit or a lot depending on list, change bits or get engineer to sign off on shit, take car back to pits, hope it passes.

Dan [GTI] 27-03-2012 04:41 PM

TAKE AS IS (to get a list)... in a mini skirt and a low cut shirt (you, NOT your boyfriend)

My mate took his VY SS commonwhore = FAIL.
His missus took it (new rear tyre, but with same 104DB exhaust and 55mm ground clearance) and passed!
Call it being sexist, luck day, lazy prick who checked it... who cares, it passed. So MAY be worth a shot :)

EDIT: like everyone says... be prepared for list as long as you arms, legs, heads and shoulders long. Because they will find any pissy excuse (loose battery?!? even though 1 bolt was loose, nothing structural)

Rally_Action 27-03-2012 04:41 PM

Going to need a lot of luck to get that over the pits easily.
Depending which inspector you get will determine how many stock parts you will need to re-fit to get the car passed.
Some inspectors do not like coil overs at all, braided brake lines and modified brakes can also be an issue. The other exotic mods on the car may not help either.
Be prepared that you may sort out one list, go back and then be handed another list to complete.
A bit doom & gloom, however better to be prepared for worse case scenario.
Other option is to return as much as possible to stock, get the car passed and bolt all the goodies back on.

Champ 27-03-2012 05:00 PM

[QUOTE='Dan [WRX CS Evo 7];664712']TAKE AS IS (to get a list)... in a mini skirt and a low cut shirt (you, NOT your boyfriend)[/QUOTE]

Take it in, but not with the idea to get a list and go back hoping it passes the next time... I believe each trip to the pits will incur a fee. At least try to get the obvious done - the more stock it appears, the more lenient they are.

Also, take it in before lunch, basically the earlier the better... they get cranky as the day goes. I also suspect later in the week tends to make them in a better mood when all they can think about is their fishing trip, etc ;)

Dan [GTI] 27-03-2012 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=Champ;664722]Take it in, but not with the idea to get a list and go back hoping it passes the next time... I believe each trip to the pits will incur a fee. At least try to get the obvious done - the more stock it appears, the more lenient they are.

Also, take it in before lunch, basically the earlier the better... they get cranky as the day goes. I also suspect later in the week tends to make them in a better mood when all they can think about is their fishing trip, etc ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah true, WORST CASE LIST is the best way to cover most of your mods/changes.

And I think (not 100%) its $88.00 for a general inspection?

phoenix 27-03-2012 05:09 PM

Do you need engineers certs for any engine/suspension/brake mod or is it only for certain things and who is certified to give them for the car??