Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Wheres mah boost? please help diagnose bcs (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/48491-wheres-mah-boost-please-help-diagnose-bcs.html)

ferozaj 14-04-2012 05:25 PM

I have a different BCS to that pic, it doesnt matter which side i plug it, they both allow flow when its connected to the batter, when its conected to the plug it doesnt work even if the plug has 12v

ferozaj 14-04-2012 05:26 PM

Stechnic reset it when it was installed 2 days ago.

Im jst wondering why the plug has 12v which means its trying to open the solenoid but it doesnt actually open..just stays closed. Its difficult to blow through as well even when its open.

The rest of the car is plumbed as stock as it all was. Stechnic only had it two days ago.

If it was in limp mode does it control the boost to only allow wastegate spring pressure 6psi? im just really confused why the plug has voltage but nothing is happening.

Rossco 14-04-2012 05:36 PM

maybe it doesn't matter? But mine has the line from the wastgate plumbed into the upper nipple & I seem to be able to run 1.6 bar with no problem.

Are the pressure exchange solenoid & MAP sensor plumbed correctly?

Re=read my previous post - the ecu switches the earth, not the 12v source.

Rossco 14-04-2012 05:37 PM

Do the diagnostic routine and post back what cel's you get.

ferozaj 14-04-2012 05:39 PM

OK ill give it all a go. Sorry missed the part about how it switches to ground.

I assume that means my ECU is trolling me and not allowing it to open up. Ill go through the diagnostics tomorrow.

Thanks

[QUOTE]Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx720 View Post
when I turn on the ignition, the bcs plug has 12v on it. but when I plug it in , it doesn't click? when I used outside source it clicks? does the car has to be in motion to clicks?
I'm confused here, please help!
The ECU switches the BCS solenoid coil to ground. So you'll have 12VDC on both terminals when it's off, and 12VDC on one side...ground on the other when it's on.[/QUOTE]

ferozaj 14-04-2012 06:13 PM

Ok rossco i havnt had a chance to do a reset and drive cause im about to go out but i was interested to see what codes are stored currently.

These two show up from what i can tell

24 Idle air control solenoid
44 Wastegate control solenoid valve

Is the 44 the BCS? If so i can understand its up because i started and ran the car without the BCS connected one time and the engine light was on.

Another interesting point was Stechnic didnt know if they had the cam/crank sensors the right way around the first time they started it or something. This actually shows up as a problem with the IAC valve. The first time they cranked my car it didnt start it just popped and farted and sounded lumpy...maybe that was before they figured out which way the pins go.

[QUOTE]The manual also states that there are 8 sensors that need to be working in order for the IAC to work.

These are:

Crankshaft Position Sensor (changed 3 months ago to a second hand one)
Camshaft Position Sensor
Throttle Position Sensor
Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
Vehicle Speed Sensor 2 (changed to a brand new OEM Subaru one)
Ignition Switch
A/C Switch
Neutral Position Switch (MT) (changed to a brand new OEM Subaru one)[/QUOTE]
Ill reset ECU tomorrow asap and give it a run then see what codes pop up.

Thanks

ferozaj 14-04-2012 06:33 PM

i guess before i reset and drive get all the car back to stock plumbing and all plugged in. hopefully its just a code not allowing it due to something silly .

edit...

if it was in limp mode wouldn't the CEL be up?

I'm not all that familiar with wrx.

tuna 14-04-2012 06:59 PM

any code will prevent it from hitting boost properly.

ferozaj 14-04-2012 07:09 PM

thanks tuna. keen to reset it now and see how i go! ! guess ill have to wait until tomorrow...

ALPHA 14-04-2012 09:22 PM

+1 for limp mode.