Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   wont idle properly (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/49426-wont-idle-properly.html)

barryke5 05-06-2012 09:56 PM

wont idle properly

Hi
i have a gc8 which i cant get to idle properly no more have replaced the air flow sensor an knock sensor as this what computer said. car runs better now but when it comes to idle it seat at normal revs than dies n either stalls or runs badly and have to keep reving it, than when take of it breaks down but once driving all is good car runs good.
also has a pod filter n front mount no other mods, car was running good for a year since had it now i dont know .
any ideas to help out as there are many modified gc8 out there

Rossco 05-06-2012 10:09 PM

Atmo bov?

GTB Liberty 05-06-2012 10:16 PM

[QUOTE=barryke5;683814]Hi
i have a gc8 which i cant get to idle properly no more have replaced the air flow sensor an knock sensor as this what computer said. car runs better now but when it comes to idle it seat at normal revs than dies n either stalls or runs badly and have to keep reving it, than when take of it breaks down but once driving all is good car runs good.
also has a pod filter n front mount no other mods, car was running good for a year since had it now i dont know .
any ideas to help out as there are many modified gc8 out there[/QUOTE]

You have a GC8 which isn't idling correctly. You replaced the air flow and knock sensors as that was the error codes suggested was wrong.

However, (after said part replacement?) when the car returns to idle it stalls/dies and you need to throttle to avoid stalling. The Engine seems to "break down" on accelerating but once at cruising speed runs appropriately. You have had the car a year(?) [Ed-Ummm] and it's been running good.

Mods are pod filter and front mount.

Any ideas from the many owners of modified GC8s what the issue may be?

SupaFly 05-06-2012 10:30 PM

spark plug/s need replacing?

jslayz 05-06-2012 10:35 PM

Hmmm,
Blocked fuel filter(s) or bad fuel?

If not then electrical like

Dying coil packs?
Dying plug leads?

Good luck.

J

jslayz 05-06-2012 10:43 PM

I'm assuming you have plugs in good condition too

ALPHA 06-06-2012 03:31 AM

Check vacuum lines. Near alternator? These get hot/crack.

barryke5 06-06-2012 06:47 AM

thanks for all that
year is 1999

yes new platium plugs installed,vaccum lines replaced,new fuel filter(using ultimate fuel).
got me stuck thinking changing the ecu to one i can modified maybe this may help but strange when befor all good
cheers

Marti 06-06-2012 07:14 AM

Plug the computer back in and check if the neutral position switch is working, you may also need to perform an idle relearn(not sure if gc8's can perform the relearn)

magic1 06-06-2012 07:37 AM

can you take a pic of engine bay?