Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   AEM/Injen/Process West CAI (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/50054-aem-injen-process-west-cai.html)

Drewski 12-07-2012 02:12 PM

AEM/Injen/Process West CAI

Hey guys,
Looking at getting a CAI for my MY11 STi and trying to figure out which one to go for. I know the Process west one uses a K&N filter and I have used them for years in Bikes and cars (Panel & Pod), but the Process West is another $100 more than the rest.

Was just wondering what people thought.

Drew

Drewski 19-07-2012 08:47 PM

Bit of a boring thread! I bought the AEM. Had some nice reviews! Might chuck something in the MY11 owners thread when I get it.

huggy_b 20-07-2012 10:34 AM

Sorry I missed this one.

I run the AEM (mainly cos of the dry filter and similar pipe sizing) as well, nice induction sound and I didn't have any CEL or issues with mine fitted untuned.

STIMUL8IN 20-07-2012 11:30 AM

The PW one I put on mine sounded great, but screwed up the power/torque/timing, so I took it off again until I can get it tuned to suit. Hopefully in the next few months :)

Drewski 20-07-2012 12:46 PM

Interesting the PW one has issues but the AEM one is ok. I might chuck it on and see how it runs without tune. Be interesting!

Drew

Anth08 17-08-2012 02:47 AM

Tried sticking a process west CAI on my 08 only to end up wasting a day fitting it then having it removed. The diameter is way too big and can confuse the maf compared to the stock box until and aftermarket ecu becomes available.. I believe AEM make a cai that has equal diameter to stock box and can be tuned. I learnt the hard way... Hope that helps

STIMUL8IN 17-08-2012 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=Anth08;702216]...process west CAI on my 08...The diameter is way too big...[/QUOTE]
I measured the stock diameter on my MY11 and it was exactly the same, but yes, as I said a few posts above, it still screwed up the maf readings :( Going for a Verso at the end of the month, so it's going back on then :)

Anth08 17-08-2012 07:39 AM

[QUOTE=JamieBlade;702235]I measured the stock diameter on my MY11 and it was exactly the same, but yes, as I said a few posts above, it still screwed up the maf readings :( Going for a Verso at the end of the month, so it's going back on then :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yeah see how you go. Sean didnt feel it was safe enough so i swapped it back. Was spewn... It may work for you as he said it can sometimes be done.. Hope it works for you, should sound mint!

stefan 18-08-2012 05:59 PM

I run an injen system. Feels pretty smooth so have no complaints. Went on like a breeze too

huggy_b 18-08-2012 06:24 PM

[QUOTE=JamieBlade;702235]I measured the stock diameter on my MY11 and it was exactly the same, but yes, as I said a few posts above, it still screwed up the maf readings :( Going for a Verso at the end of the month, so it's going back on then :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Dont bother, they wont tune it with it on.