Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

That's not true mate. I hardly remove Brants. I know you work for Subaru, but that doesn't mean that someone like me can't work on them at a fraction of the price the dealerships charge.

Been fitting alarms and immobilisers for over 15yrs even before the govt rebate scheme in the late 90s. We are registered with the Dept of Transport (installer no. 301) and the ICA Insurance Coucil of Australia.

I always isolate the problem a section at a time, through the ecu immobilisers, to the primary Brant unit.

I always leave the security system intact including the main immobilisers while bypassing the faulty section.

I will only remove the Brant entirely and replace it with a more reliable Autowatch, when the Brant fails entirely and repair costs outweigh the replacement with an Autowatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvk7 View Post
Evo R dealing with Brant alarms = just removing them, regardless of whats wrong with them.

Last edited by mao; 01-09-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spell chk
Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Moose at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Moose

Guess that's sorted out then - if I have any more problems straight to Mao at Evo R it is

So far so good, no further problems (yet!)
Old 04-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Subaru Tech Division

johnvk7 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
That's not true mate. I hardly remove Brants. I know you work for Subaru, but that doesn't mean that someone like me can't work on them at a fraction of the price the dealerships charge.

Been fitting alarms and immobilisers for over 15yrs even before the govt rebate scheme in the late 90s. We are registered with the Dept of Transport (installer no. 301) and the ICA Insurance Coucil of Australia.

I always isolate the problem a section at a time, through the ecu immobilisers, to the primary Brant unit.

I always leave the security system intact including the main immobilisers while bypassing the faulty section.

I will only remove the Brant entirely and replace it with a more reliable Autowatch, when the Brant fails entirely and repair costs outweigh the replacement with an Autowatch.
I must say I've never seen a Brant system fail entirely. Only faulty modules and, very rarely, a faulty keypad.
Are you able to replace and reprogram a keypad module?
2010 XR5 Focus
06 Impreza Hatch 2.0i
Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
STI Master

Kremer930 at standard level

Why would anyone pay Subaru the dollars they charge to play around in the hope that they could fix it? A week after I had my alarm sorted out by Mao I spoke to a colleague who is a long term customer of City and he ended up going to see Mao. 3 years and numerous attempts by Subaru to sort out a problem was solved in an hour.

Subaru needs some training before they can charge professional rates!
Slap Dash likes this.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

I work very closely with Subaru overseas. Even have my products sold in Motor Image's (They are Subaru's master dealer in Southeast Asia) showroom in Singapore like the Subaru approved HD radiator hoses. Check my cooling products thread. Also in talks with Subaru to do some demo stuff overseas soon. Will update when it all happens.

I will say this: Brant is good, so are the Subaru vehicles. But stuff do wear n tear. We don't chg only Subaru rings and pistons when our pistons wear out do we? We can choose Tomei, Wiseco etc right?

Instead of replacing a faulty keypad and reprogramming it, how about this?
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/evolutio...ilisers-3.html

Edit: John, Subaru is fortunate to have a loyal, passionate and skilled mechanic like you. But can you vouch for the rest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvk7 View Post
I must say I've never seen a Brant system fail entirely. Only faulty modules and, very rarely, a faulty keypad.
Are you able to replace and reprogram a keypad module?

Last edited by mao; 05-09-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Tags
alarm, brant, playing