Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   immobiliser - 99 WX (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/53137-immobiliser-99-wx.html)

CraigH 21-01-2013 12:01 PM

immobiliser - 99 WX

Hi

My son recently got a 99 WRX and its fitted with the standard keypad immobiliser as well as Tsonics alarm/immobiliser.

While together they are a pain in the bum we thought we could get around using the keypad by setting it to manual arm mode.

However if the Tsonics turbo timer runs to its end it will arm the keypad again.

Today the keypad has changed its mind and it wants you to press "5"" before it allows you to start the car.

Any ideas.

To be honest I would be happy to remove both and fit a single new one.

Are ther any instructions on removing the keypad or Tsonics immobiliser.

I have wiring diagrams for the car but I need to know what has been changed with the fitting before i start removing it.

Thanks in Advance

Craig

Kato 21-01-2013 12:25 PM

Hiya,

I'll pre-empt everyones reply.

Go to a proper security shop and get them to sort it out or replace it. Depending on who installed it, removing it will be different and will require someone to see the car. Remember that security systems are important and if you remove it or don't have it installed correctly, it could affect your insurance policy.

Since you are in Canberra, I wouldn't know who to recommend.

No one will tell you on a public forum how to remove a security system. And given that you are on the East coast and this is your first post, everyone will assume you are a car thief.

CraigH 21-01-2013 12:58 PM

Interesting kato.

Well I am not a car thief but have no way to prove that.

As for take it to a proper security shop....well both the Factory keypad immobiliser and the Tsonics were meant to be fitted by such a shop but after looking at the quailty of the work I would not recommend either.

The modules are wired into the harness then wrapped in a bit of tape, most of which is falling off.

Ther are cut wires in a number of places again just taped up waiting to be shorted out at some stage.

Hey if the system works reliably with just one press of "5" going forward we may leave it that way.

All I wanted to do was get him a reliable car, not one that has been butchered and may leave him stranded somewhere.

Ok I will study the workshop manuals a bit more.

TROLLEY 21-01-2013 03:13 PM

I completely looped out when I saw this username

Soksta 21-01-2013 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=TROLLEY;733816]I completely looped out when I saw this username[/QUOTE]

Go home Craig, you're drunk.
:cool:

Kato 21-01-2013 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=TROLLEY;733816]I completely looped out when I saw this username[/QUOTE]

I actually had to do a triple take as I thought it was you too!

TROLLEY 21-01-2013 04:41 PM

Sorry to shit in your thread Craig. Your username used to be my username on here and I also use CraigH on many other forums I frequent. I saw the thread title and it broke my brain :p

CraigH 21-01-2013 05:12 PM

No problem, have used CraigH on heaps of forums as well :-)

TROLLEY 21-01-2013 05:13 PM

Now I know who to blame when it said "username is taken"