Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Shift Indicator / Automatic IC Spray (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/53797-shift-indicator-automatic-ic-spray.html)

alexandraj85 14-03-2013 09:38 AM

Shift Indicator / Automatic IC Spray

Apologies if this seems like a stupid question, but i couldn't seem to find a sufficient answer after searching......

My mate changed my shift indicator so that it comes on @ 6000rpm. However, since he has done this, my IC Spray is not automatic anymore. It used to come on as soon as i would accelerate.

Can you anyone let me know if this would be due to the shift indicator being adjusted, and if so, why?

Cheers :)

Master D 14-03-2013 09:49 AM

Have you turned the shift light off and tested it?

Silly question : is the IC tank full?

alexandraj85 14-03-2013 09:55 AM

IC tank is full. I can still work it manually. Nah i haven't tried that yet. I just don't understand why it would stop being automatic if the shift indicator is turned on.....

Thanks for your response :)

Master D 14-03-2013 10:03 AM

Does it actually say its auto? On my bug STi it's manual, only time it runs is when I push it.

alexandraj85 14-03-2013 10:06 AM

Before the shift indicator was turned on it would run automatically. The light would flash on pretty much every time i would accelerate.....strange :confused:

nauli 14-03-2013 11:07 AM

GD STI I/C sprays are all manual and are not connected to the shift indicator...to make it auto you need another dash switch + Hobbs switch to turn it on at a pre-defined boost pressure. Most workshops can do the mod fairly easily...

Master D 14-03-2013 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=nauli;742788]GD STI I/C sprays are all manual and are not connected to the shift indicator...to make it auto you need another dash switch + Hobbs switch to turn it on at a pre-defined boost pressure. Most workshops can do the mod fairly easily...[/QUOTE]

This was my thought but Dougies bug was auto too I think :-/

Jeckle 14-03-2013 11:28 AM

Any chance that the rev limiter has been rewired so it indicates a certain boost level, and is hooked up to a pressure switch which activates the ic sprayer?

If your running the standard bottle for the ic water, how often did you have to fill it before the shift light was played with?

alexandraj85 14-03-2013 12:17 PM

I topped it up a day or two before the shift indicator was played with. Prior to the shift indicator being adjusted, the IC Spray light would come on automatically 80% of the time i would accelerate.

I can only think that it has changed to manual due to the shift indicator being turned on, but i don't understand why setting the shift indicator at 6000rpm would mean the IC Spray would switch itself over to manual.

How often would you recommend to use the spray? My temp sits just over 1/3 of the gauge, would you say that's normal?

Hope i don't sound too stupid. I am just trying to figure things out and i need experienced brains to pick! haha :)

DukeDrifter 14-03-2013 12:22 PM

Depends on how often you want to fill it up.

There shouldn't be a problem with overheating while you drive it due to the natural airflow through your bonnet scoop, only really becomes a problem in heavy traffic and it isn't constant airflow over the top of it.

Temp sounds just fine.