Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Scoobie Noobie

danfresh at standard level
Default Imobiliser issue - Maybe you know the solution?

Hey guys,

I'm currently having problems with my 06 wrx which has the stock brandt immobiliser system installed. Currently, I cannot open the doors from the key unlock button, and manually opening the door with the key and entering yhr pin will not allow the car to start either.

It's not a flat battery in the key as I have attempted using the spare key - which does not remotely unlock the car either. The brandt keypad is still flashing as per normal armed/locked sequence and the immobiliser light remains on no matter what I try.

I suspect the immobiliser aerial/receiver is faulty or has stopped working. Is there anything I can do in the interim to disable the immobiliser? Can disconnecting the battery for a period of time, and therefore rebooting the immobiliser system help?

Cheers,

Dan
Old 21-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Also - anything to confirm exactly what the problem is or any easy fixes would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Old 21-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Seems a bit unlikely that both keys would go flat at the same time? Purchased a new key battery regardless - only cost $6 - will test and update on progress just after lunch
Old 21-08-2013, 10:38 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

If not theses alarm and known for having gremlins in them can cause all sorts of wierd stuff.

I currently have a drivers side window that only will go down when its in a good mood. Goes up fine everytime. Nothing to do with a faulty switch as i;ve checked!

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."
Old 21-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Working fine now - change of battery in the key fixed it. Spare key must've had a dud battery as well. Thanks gents
Old 01-04-2021, 10:36 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Jeremyw01 at standard level

Hi, Team.

I am having the same issue as posted above by danfresh, however I have replaced both batteries in both keys and still the doors won't unlock or lock. Any suggestions?

Appreciated.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:02 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Have you replaced them with the correct battery? You need I think they are CR1620's and they have to be the lithium 3V ones and a reputable brand. The cheap ones won't work for some reason.

Failing that and with 2 fresh, correct batteries you can try relearn the remotes to the BIM module. I've got the procedure I can upload somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyw01 View Post
Hi, Team.

I am having the same issue as posted above by danfresh, however I have replaced both batteries in both keys and still the doors won't unlock or lock. Any suggestions?

Appreciated.
Sent from my SM-N976B using Perth-WRX mobile app

Tags
imobiliser, issue, solution