Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-12-2013, 02:01 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Rex at standard level
Default Hubcentric Wheel Spacers

Hey all,

First off i've gone through the search tab on this subject a lot and can see quite a bit of negativity surrounding wheel spacers. But I want to know if anyone on here is actually running any?

My problem is I would really like to get a set of 2011 spec c sti rims for my car and they look mad with wheel spacers and the rims can be had fairly cheap from the US while in the mean time spacers look mad with stock sti rims

I have found these 20mm PERRIN Wheel Spacers
What do people think of them?
Old 17-12-2013, 02:14 AM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

20mm farken hell, I got nothing against hub centric spacer but No to slip on spacers

Why cant you get rotas all everyone else with the "mexican" offset
Old 17-12-2013, 02:30 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Rex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxar View Post
20mm farken hell, I got nothing against hub centric spacer but No to slip on spacers

Why cant you get rotas all everyone else with the "mexican" offset

hahah, I don't really like many rotas tbh. I wouldn't get a slip on spacer
Im not going for that hellaflush, stupid offset ultra low look. 20mm will fill out the guards nicely with sti enkeis
Old 17-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Sir AntiLag

STIMUL8IN at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to STIMUL8IN

Check out my threads, they're in here somewhere (can't find them from my phone). I'm running those exact same spacers with no issues.
Rex likes this.
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
Old 17-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Sir AntiLag

Here you go...There's a bit about them in my driveway thread. Pictures too.

I had some cleverer-than-me engineering buddies run through the theory and it was all good with those Perrin ones with the annular rings to take the loads. You'll just need to make sure the wheels you want have scollops taken out of the back surface between the bolt holes for the stock studs to recess into (they'll protrude slightly past the front face of your 20mm spacer). My Spec R BBS wheels already had these scollops in them.

Been running them well over a year now, hard cornering, hard braking, no issues. You will slightly increase your wheel bearing wear, but it's no different to changing your offset with different wheels, so you won't notice it.
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
Old 17-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBlade View Post
Check out my threads, they're in here somewhere (can't find them from my phone). I'm running those exact same spacers with no issues and no insurance.

Fixed.
Old 17-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Sir AntiLag

^ Lol, very true technically, I can see how the insurance company might try to wriggle out of an issue caused by the spacers, but what's that likely to be? I can't imagine any accident, or insurance claim that would involve or be caused by these spacers.
EDIT - And it's the same for every person running after market wheels with different offsets to OEM.

Last edited by STIMUL8IN; 17-12-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 17-12-2013, 01:05 PM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

Just make sure you upgrade to longer & stronger arp (or similar) wheel studs..
Old 17-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Sir AntiLag

^ No need with those Perrin spacers, they use the stock studs with supplied wheel nuts, then have a new set of studs in the gap between the stock studs, so the wheel is rotated 36 degrees from original position. Then use your normal wheel nuts on the new studs.
Old 18-12-2013, 07:02 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Rex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBlade View Post
Here you go...There's a bit about them in my driveway thread. Pictures too.

I had some cleverer-than-me engineering buddies run through the theory and it was all good with those Perrin ones with the annular rings to take the loads. You'll just need to make sure the wheels you want have scollops taken out of the back surface between the bolt holes for the stock studs to recess into (they'll protrude slightly past the front face of your 20mm spacer). My Spec R BBS wheels already had these scollops in them.

Been running them well over a year now, hard cornering, hard braking, no issues. You will slightly increase your wheel bearing wear, but it's no different to changing your offset with different wheels, so you won't notice it.
Thanks Jamie

Will be buying a set soonish then and I'm fairly sure the back of the 07 sti enkeis have that recess your talking about

As I was looking into these abit more they seem fairly good. Did you install them yourself?

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Tags
hubcentric, spacers, wheel