Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 06:46 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level
Default 95 wrx turbo swap options

Turbo bearings sound like they are on the way out so I'd like to replace the turbo. ATM It is running the standard td05(?) with the 90 degree elbow and the front housing faceing to the right (If looking at the engine from the front of the car).
This means that for the fmic to fit it has a pipe that doubles back over the turbo infront of the chimney vent (which I also want to remove to help tidy up the engine bay) which means it is inefficient and has extra heat on the pipe.
I was wondering if there is a similar turbo that came standard on a wrx or different car that is a straight bolt up but has no 90 degree elbow on the front and has the front housing facing left or up? A slightly better turbo would be ok but I am on a budget and really trying to kill to birds with one stone for now by just fixing the damage and being able to clean up the mess of pipes on that side of the engine bay.

Any advice or thoughts?
Old 11-01-2014, 07:50 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Imprezive at standard level

Td05h turbos where only on post 96 impreza's, they a switched to td04's 96 onwards. So switching to a later model wrx turbo would be a downgrade.

Last edited by Imprezive; 25-03-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Tags
95, options, swap, turbo, wrx