Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Is there such thing as decent CHEAP coilovers? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/57306-there-such-thing-decent-cheap-coilovers.html)

Master D 25-01-2014 12:55 AM

Do you want coil overs for the stance fag element or do you want them just for show??

I'd go a set of STi pinks with quality lowered springs and camber bolts. Achieve the same thing without the price tag.

Downside is that you can't say you have coil overs.

munya 25-01-2014 01:06 AM

[QUOTE=Master D;785609]Do you want coil overs for the stance fag element or do you want them just for show??

I'd go a set of STi pinks with quality lowered springs and camber bolts. Achieve the same thing without the price tag.

Downside is that you can't say you have coil overs.[/QUOTE]

And a lot comfortable. I can live with my dms40s but I work away so my car is a daily not so daily, however if I drove her everyday as most people working in Perth I would go nuts. :icon_conf

grumpyrex 25-01-2014 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=munya;785610]And a lot comfortable. I can live with my dms40s but I work away so my car is a daily not so daily, however if I drove her everyday as most people working in Perth I would go nuts. :icon_conf[/QUOTE]
DMS 40's work great for a street car. I've set the dampening at the lower end of the scale and keep the original tops instead of pillow ball. This makes them quiet & comfortable for around town. You can adjust the dampening stiffer when doing a track day.

RUSSGT 25-01-2014 11:14 AM

My BC BR cool overs where wicked. Cheap. Top 2 in my class at sprint series. Top 7 over all. Lots of adjustment.

teejay 25-01-2014 01:27 PM

^ This

Somehow your not worthy unless you drop 3k on coil overs?

Get the fuck outta here.

mARC 25-01-2014 02:00 PM

TJ isn't there a guy on AL using inexpensive brands on possibly a Skyline getting quite decent results?

Possible to pm thread if correct?

joel7 26-01-2014 03:48 PM

Thats what Im trying to decide, get 1k - 1.5k coilovers or just go for a good set of springs..

joel7 26-01-2014 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=Master D;785609]Do you want coil overs for the stance fag element or do you want them just for show??

Downside is that you can't say you have coil overs.[/QUOTE]

No I actually want performance benefits so just upgrading springs is a better idea you think?

nick73 26-01-2014 08:50 PM

Want do you want the performance benefits for? Track work, drag strip, traffic light grand prix?

Easier for people to give advice if we know what your chasing.

dnbosiris 27-01-2014 12:31 AM

[QUOTE=joel7;785723]No I actually want performance benefits so just upgrading springs is a better idea you think?[/QUOTE]
Don't buy cheap coilovers. I switched from cheap coilies to lowered eibach Springs and kept stock sti dampers. Car rides smooth enough for the road and performs well at the track imo.