Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-2014, 09:16 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

joshwrx at standard level
Default accelerator (gas) pedal squeak

Hi PWRX

once again i am in seeking for some advice. i have a 2002 wrx with about 175000km on the clock. the car is almost mechanically sound (minus a small vac leak). i was replacing a intercooler with a bigger sti one. of course prior research wasnt done and it didnt fit, it was pushing quite hard on a few items like bov pipe and most likely on top of dogbone and the tranny etcc.

however since then, i have a pedal squeak. it does it only when car is running. does it when in no gears and revving as well as gears and revving. it gets quieter in higher gears as well. when on cruise control and using the little arm to accelerate the car, it does the same noise as well. i have read a lot of people have said the welds give way on the new ones, has anyone had it on the old ones?

i have checked all bolts under the cabin for the pedal itself and they are at the correct torque. will be buying new grease tomorrow (lithium white) to make the spring a bit greasier however the spring if it was bad would cause it all the time? as well as the pedal? it doesn't make the noise if the car is off.

apologies for the crappy video uploaded, i had to get someone to record it as i drive. you should be able to hear the clicking/squeaking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eCu...ature=youtu.be

can anyone suggest anything? i have been stuck with work so havent had a chance to remove my intercooler and check the dogbone and the exhaust mounts (some people have said to check them) as well as the firewall gap (under the windscreen arms)

cheers guys! appreciate any help here its horrible to drive with!!

Josh

--MODS--
--> Walbro 255LPH fuel pump
--> Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS
--> 3" turbo back exhaust
--> Catless up pipe

Tags
accelerator, gas, pedal, squeak