Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 11:02 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
Or.... I don't know.. take it to a S-Technic instead of asking the internet? Works for me usually.
Your common sense and logic is not welcome here.
mitchwnz and amtrapid like this.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:20 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Satie12 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtrapid View Post
If you are getting no boost only vacuum you need to check all of your piping hitting the limiter the sudden spike in boost probably split the shit plastic y pipe or popped a hose off . Get youself a silicone hose set with a set of decent t type silicone hose clamps and replace . If not confident of doing this give Stechnic a call or MMS or whatever specalist is near you to solve said problem.

Maybe even order the hoses and clamps from someone pick them up then offer beers and steak and im sure a couple of us can come help you swap the hoses out .

It is a common thing to happen and 99.9 % sure that would be your issue . Just pull the intercooler off and inspect the pipes .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Update: I checked the Y piping and there's no splits in it, looks pretty much all to be in tact, I have restarted the ecu and gonna wait until I get the top mount back in place,

Do you reckon it could be anything else?

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 04-05-2014, 01:44 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Satie12 at standard level

Update: I found out why I wasn't getting a reading on my boost gauge the turbo melted the vacuum hose from my blow off valve to the boost sensor so just need a new vacuum line as for the check engine light I re flashed my ECU and the light hasn't appeared since, the y pipe is fine, just needs a oil change now I think hahah
Cheers for the help guys!

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 04-05-2014, 02:23 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

StephenR at standard level

Just a little advice for you or anyone reading this do not reset your ecu if you had a DTC logged in the system as this helps greatly in finding the cause of the illuminated check engine light.
also by resetting the ecu you have lost any learned values that can help with fault finding.
secondly resetting the ecu puts it into rough correction which in a 16 bit ecu is 8 out of 16 or in the case of a 32 bit ecu sets it at .5 for the ignition advance multiplier.
more than likely you had a boost spike from the cold weather and denser air with a p 0244 boost soleniod range DTC from not having the waste gate duty table calibrated correctly.
joshrx likes this.