Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Bunbury Workshop to do coilovers (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/58230-bunbury-workshop-do-coilovers.html)

Dimeb4g 05-05-2014 04:14 PM

Bunbury Workshop to do coilovers

Hi fellas,

any leads on a decent workshop in Bunbury that can do me some coilovers on a GT Liberty Wagon... its commonwhore country down here...

Damo69 05-05-2014 04:24 PM

southwest brakes

Dimeb4g 05-05-2014 04:48 PM

i've spoken to Bart... was supposed to get back to me over a week ago now, on the day i called... lol

heard good things, but never instills confidence when you dont get a promise delivered...
i could always see Doug at Stechnic, but with a new born am trying to avoid the trip to perth...

Damo69 05-05-2014 05:12 PM

didnt call back means he is busy
if he is busy it means he is good

:)

all decent workshops are the same in this respect, and i am a bit of a stickler for customer service. when dealing with cars you lower your expectations of customer service ofr 95% of workshops

X12 SRT 05-05-2014 05:59 PM

Tried Leigh Hynes?

Dimeb4g 05-05-2014 06:03 PM

Leigh only wants to do his brand, that are way beyond my budget... wouldnt even consider putting in some BC's that i sourced...

XT43 05-05-2014 06:19 PM

Dimebag from Bunbury.

Stock.

DukeDrifter 05-05-2014 06:31 PM

Its not the hardest diy install.

Got a trolley jack, jack stands and a socket set ?

X12 SRT 05-05-2014 06:52 PM

[QUOTE=Dimeb4g;797789]Leigh only wants to do his brand, that are way beyond my budget... wouldnt even consider putting in some BC's that i sourced...[/QUOTE]

Sean Arthur at Adrenalin performance then! bit pricey though!

Dimeb4g 05-05-2014 06:52 PM

[QUOTE=XT43;797792]Dimebag from Bunbury.

Stock.[/QUOTE]

thats me...

Dimeb4g 05-05-2014 06:54 PM

[QUOTE=DukeDrifter;797797]Its not the hardest diy install.

Got a trolley jack, jack stands and a socket set ?[/QUOTE]

its crossed my mind, but i'm 20km away from a wheel alignment, and too many variables to line up to make the day after i fit em be able to be aligned...

If i was going to shell out dollars i'd let Doug do it... but its convenience and time over price at the moment... ( with in reason)

magic1 06-05-2014 08:36 AM

southwest brakes

Dimeb4g 06-05-2014 09:37 PM

Will give him a call again tomorrow...I called auto one can do xyz to suit, but $1895 for part alone... Bloody Bunbury...

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Dimeb4g 07-05-2014 09:24 AM

Ok, so I called South west brakes.

Can do a set of HSD for $1450 + $185 for fitting and he days $45 for alignment, but I'd say double that for awd...

The bible questions I have are... Hsd reputation? Anyone use? Also on their website they only list impreza... What's the compatibility like?

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Jeckle 07-05-2014 09:25 AM

Better still, go and see them, its only a 40km round trip.

JRecardo 07-05-2014 09:30 AM

You can drive without an alignment, not ideal but you can. 20KM will be easy, I drove my car to work and back for a week before I could get sorted and I'll be getting a check over from John Fowler when I can too to make sure the alignment is good.

Otherwise $185 for fitting sounds alright, I did mine at home but it ended up taking me a while because I couldn't crack one of my rear bolts and rounded it, but an angle grinder fixed that.

HSD are fine, few people around here use them. American Dave is one that I know of, and myself too. I went for 7kg springs (8kg stock) to take some of the harshness out and I have no complaints. I have had one issue of the fronts adjusting themselves slowly but that is just the lock ring not being tight enough, I'll get some lock tight for that next if it still isn't tight enough.

I paid $1350 for my set so $1450 isn't too bad.

Dimeb4g 07-05-2014 10:28 AM

[QUOTE=JRecardo;798074]You can drive without an alignment, not ideal but you can. 20KM will be easy, I drove my car to work and back for a week before I could get sorted and I'll be getting a check over from John Fowler when I can too to make sure the alignment is good.

Otherwise $185 for fitting sounds alright, I did mine at home but it ended up taking me a while because I couldn't crack one of my rear bolts and rounded it, but an angle grinder fixed that.

HSD are fine, few people around here use them. American Dave is one that I know of, and myself too. I went for 7kg springs (8kg stock) to take some of the harshness out and I have no complaints. I have had one issue of the fronts adjusting themselves slowly but that is just the lock ring not being tight enough, I'll get some lock tight for that next if it still isn't tight enough.

I paid $1350 for my set so $1450 isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, price wise sounds all pretty good.. are the Liberty and Impreza parts the same? i know there is a fair amount of interchangeability (is that a word??) but also, you need a bit of knowledge to know when things don't fit...

The distance isnt the issue for going to see him, i do over 200km a weekend for my work a a newspaper photographer... i just wanted to avoid loading up the bub and all the paraphernalia to get no answer, or a sorry mate, cant help.

He's calling me back with the model number so i can look em up this afternoon ( hopefully) and if they look the goods, i'll pop in there and let him check out the car and then place the order :)