Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   XForce E/L headers Experiences (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/59107-xforce-e-l-headers-experiences.html)

X12 SRT 21-08-2014 05:17 PM

XForce E/L headers Experiences

People, I need advice or some experience from those who have fitted xforce E/L headers to their cars, [B]I am considering this only on the advice that you don't loose the boxer noise with the headers mentioned above[/B], but I don't understand as everything I have ever heard is that e/l headers kill the boxer noise. I have had an XForce TBE fitted on the car for 2 years now and am very happy with it, so quality is not in question, I just don't want to spend coin on something that may rob me of that which I love, Boxer joy!
Cheers.

Brett Allan 21-08-2014 05:31 PM

To keep the boxer rumble you need unequal length. They give you more low end torque too. Buying a subi I love the noise, so I wanted to keep it. Sacrificing something like the boxer rumble for a bit more top end HP wasn't worth it IMO

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

mavx4 21-08-2014 06:31 PM

Ask Slap Dash, I think he has them on his car.

Yes, you will lose the rumble but you will also get a few more horses.
It is a personal preference really. I am definitely getting them next.

joshrx 21-08-2014 07:11 PM

Equal length for power/efficiency, unequal length for rumble.

Personally I don't mind either for sound, but if you love the boxer rumble, keep unequal length headers.

astralex 21-08-2014 07:15 PM

I have equal length and still have rumble at idle...

Slap Dash 21-08-2014 08:09 PM

Alike to Astralex I still have a Boxer rumble (Not as loud & obnoxious as Unequal tho.) Xforce's new design apparently is rated a Semi Equal length. I also have the benefits in terms of power/efficiency per said above :D, Not needed but I would also recommend ceramic coating them :D

ALLPAWS 21-08-2014 08:15 PM

There are un-equal extractors available if u want to gain a few ponies and keep the rumble. I'll be going Tomei when I get around to it.

baylee 21-08-2014 09:01 PM

I've got equal, sounds like a Honda.

X12 SRT 21-08-2014 09:15 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, interesting to hear that the new xforce gear is regarded as semi equal, is this why there is the claim that you retain the rummble? do Xforce do UEL headers? I should have mentioned my WRX is a bugeye so mainly just need to get rid of the stock up pipe but was told leakage was a problem when fitting aftermarket uppie to stock manifold!

ALLPAWS 21-08-2014 09:21 PM

David, I'd rather pay the extra for Tomei as I have personally installed and used their other bits and was a joy to fit. Cant say Ive had the same pleasure with non JDM aftermarket bits.

It is a good idea to get rid of the stock up pipe in a bugeye, get one with a flex joint to avoid fitting dramas.