Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   TBE Catted Vs Catless (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/61589-turbo-back-exhaust-catted-vs-catless.html)

SolarFilms 08-05-2015 05:44 PM

TBE Catted Vs Catless

Getting TBE from invidia the Q300 now I'm deciding on the downpipe.
As on my P's I didnt want to commit to a full dual N1 system for my betty decide Q300 will be a more appropriate change.

So whats everyone's experiences with running catted or catless and is there a noticeable power difference?? I know its more louder and has that emission smell from an open throttle maybe because of my motocross days the smell doesn't bug me.

I was keen on going catted.. can save 250$ on catless and have less restriction, but can cope a +$300 fine and a yellow but the chances of someone looking under your car is slim unless you're at the pits.

From my friends wrx when he change to catless it had a very throaty sound... No pun intended

Much wow
many powerr
very shiberu

RJ999 08-05-2015 06:11 PM

Q300 invidia on catless dp will be quite loud, q300s sound awesome and are already louder that other muffled types.

Satie12 08-05-2015 06:23 PM

I was originally running a catted 3 inch TBE and found it wasn't loud enough.

I've now upgraded to cat-less everything including 3ich TBE, it is a noticeable difference but not a whole heap. Obviously gains on a dyno graph will show you the real difference.

On idle it's not overly loud I was very surprised as it was a very subtle note! But on WOT that's a whole different story.. It's insanely loud even at 3 grand!

As for yellow canarys I haven't been pulled over as of yet with the cat-less system.. Been followed a few times but nothing out of the ordinary.

I would recommend going cat-less IMO as I prefer the little extra gain and a very loud and in your face exhaust :D
But none the less comes down to personal preference and what your aiming for.

Hope this helped!

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

RJ999 08-05-2015 06:47 PM

Satie...did you have Invidia?

SolarFilms 08-05-2015 06:53 PM

Thats the first time I've heard someone say the q300 dual out being loud ahahha and i wanted the n1 to start with! the n1 must be deafening then.. :eek:

Satie12 08-05-2015 06:58 PM

[QUOTE=RJ999;822074]Satie...did you have Invidia?[/QUOTE]

Nah just the Ultrex drift spec cat-less. To be honest I'm very happy with there system! But Invidia N1 racing cat back Is on the cards in the future. :)

RJ999 08-05-2015 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=SolarFilms;822078]Thats the first time I've heard someone say the q300 dual out being loud ahahha and i wanted the n1 to start with! the n1 must be deafening then.. :eek:[/QUOTE]
Its quite loud compared to other muffled types, thats what I meant.. of course nowhere near N1 territory.
I must have read that wrong but you saying you're staying away from N1s had me thinking that you're worried about noise.

You should come have a listen to my N1, will hurt your ears but I like it this way...neighbours don't

RJ999 08-05-2015 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=Satie12;822079]Nah just the Ultrex drift spec cat-less. To be honest I'm very happy with there system! But Invidia N1 racing cat back Is on the cards in the future. :)

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]
Yeah ok I thought so... by design the Invidia systems are louder to start with.

ALLPAWS 08-05-2015 07:22 PM

I think you will find the fine for removing your cat a hell of a lot more than $300.

I was considering a Tomei catless down pipe for my Rex that rarely gets driven on the street and I'm not cop bait at 37 YO. Still not worth the risk . . .

Satie12 08-05-2015 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=RJ999;822081]Yeah ok I thought so... by design the Invidia systems are louder to start with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah from what I've seen in videos Invidia systems just seem louder in general I suppose videos don't do justice for the real thing!

Would be keen to have a listen to your Invidia system in the near future! To get a feel for how loud those systems are!