Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Performance mods that don't involve boost and tunes. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/61849-performance-mods-dont-involve-boost-tunes.html)

npagz 04-06-2015 09:09 PM

Performance mods that don't involve boost and tunes.

So many topics cover engine mods, tunes, turbos etc etc. I'm looking for info on handling mods, not just suspension but all the other little nick nacks that make the car up. Whats the best way to start off, obviously a new set of coilovers is probably the first mod but where to go from there?

MY01 Wrx.

TROLLEY 04-06-2015 10:17 PM

A good shock/spring combo
sways bars
end links
pitch stop mount
anti lift kit
roll centre kit (if lowered more than a couple of inches)
replace shifter bushes
replace diff mount bushes
steering rack bushes
(any bushes really, for that bee's dick of difference / slash / placebo effect)
H-brace for the undercarriage (watch your insurance with this one as they may deem it interferes with how the car crumples and absorbs impact in a crash)

+ a good alignment

Kremer930 04-06-2015 10:39 PM

Engine and transmission mounts make a surprising difference too.

SolarFilms 04-06-2015 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=TROLLEY;823800]
H-brace for the undercarriage (watch your insurance with this one as they may deem it interferes with how the car crumples and absorbs impact in a crash)

[/QUOTE]

Really!??? fuck can the same thing be said about my strut tower bars that technically can absorb impact and interfere car from crumpling?

Fuck might have to give them a call if i get a H brace

always thought it was safer

Wildbill 05-06-2015 08:36 AM

match port your headers and manifold,
heat spacers under the manifold,
spliter in the bell mouth of your exhaust,
a good 3inch zort,
an efficient inter cooler and air intake,
knife edge the throttle butterfly
look for the 1 percentiles

Kremer930 05-06-2015 08:57 AM

Do the heat spacers work? I have always planned to add in the cosworth styled TGV deletes as these are nylon and would form a thermal barrier as well.
Cheers

TROLLEY 05-06-2015 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=SolarFilms;823805]Really!??? fuck can the same thing be said about my strut tower bars that technically can absorb impact and interfere car from crumpling?

Fuck might have to give them a call if i get a H brace

always thought it was safer[/QUOTE]

Many cars come with strut braces and a lot of them just blend in with the engine bay. You would be unlucky for an insurance company to deny a claim because you had one. A H brace sticks out like dogs bollocks. Again, you would be unlucky for it to be an issue but the risk is always there and a little bit higher depending on how old you are and how your car presents. Every mod is a risk at the end of the day, just pays to make smart choices with them and ensure your car presents well and that your driving history is good and you should have minimal issues with insurance companies.

Rossco 05-06-2015 12:48 PM

Add to the list whiteline rear subframe lock kit.

dnbosiris 05-06-2015 02:43 PM

so many mods... so little $$ :(

npagz 06-06-2015 11:48 AM

Awesome exactly what I was looking for fellas