Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   MY15 alarm problems? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/62198-my15-alarm-problems.html)

jp2201 10-07-2015 09:43 PM

MY15 alarm problems?

Is anyone with a 2015 WRX having problems with their alarm, it sets off in the early hours of the morning just to let me know it's still there!

I've had the system replaced once and all the connections checked but still no joy.

Subaru currently have the alarm manufacturers (lumen) looking into it, but I'm just interested if anyone else is having the same issue.

TROLLEY 10-07-2015 09:47 PM

Jesus... sounds like they've installed Brant V2.0

Bram 11-07-2015 06:09 AM

What type of sensors (if any) does it use? Do you have any thing suction capped on the inside windshield etc?

Ask them if the alarn has a diagnostic mode that allows you to see what the trigger was that activated the previous alarm. This can be handy in determining these types of things. If it can, and they tell you the procedure, you can check each morning after its happened.

Do you have any other extra electrics installed? Amps etc? Most alarms moniter bat voltage. The cold weather coupled with something using a tiny bit of power could trigger it.

jp2201 11-07-2015 08:20 AM

Yeah it's the tilt sensor that is causing the problem but I've had that replaced and it still alarms.

Apparently it's a national problem, so I don't think I'm the only one.

Skdtme 11-07-2015 06:51 PM

I havent had that problem but when i got the car i would de alarm it then start it and the alarm would go off. Only when i was trying to be quiet lol.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Lys 13-07-2015 06:59 PM

Mine hasn't had that issue.

Did you have the computer upgrade just recently? Subaru should have done it with your service as a warranty job? I had mine last service which apparently fixes a fair few issues but I am not sure if it would affect the alarm?

Lys 13-07-2015 07:01 PM

I do have an issue with the central locking though. Press the unlock button twice but only lets me into drivers door and have to unlock the rest by pressing the unlock button on the door trim!

jp2201 14-07-2015 03:12 PM

When was the upgrade? The car was delivered in April and I've had it back for the 1000km check, which was about 3 weeks later. Then it's been back several times with the alarm.

I haven't had an issue with the central locking, although sometimes I'll unlock the car by pressung the unlock button on the key and the alarm doesn't bleep to says it been disarmed, so I'll have to press it again.

ix9 14-07-2015 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=Lys;826684]
Did you have the computer upgrade just recently? Subaru should have done it with your service as a warranty job? I had mine last service which apparently fixes a fair few issues but I am not sure if it would affect the alarm?[/QUOTE]

Keen to know more about this - did they tell you what the ECU upgrade does?

[QUOTE=jp2201;826743] and the alarm doesn't bleep to says it been disarmed, so I'll have to press it again.[/QUOTE]

Had this too. And we're not the only one.

Also had countless issues with the alarm.

Doesn't un-arm properly when you grab the handle.
Jump inside, start the car. Alarm siren goes off WTF

Then ignition won't turn off until you fully exit the car, shut the door then disarm/arm with the remote key.

Fucken piece of shit Subaru.

Mine's going back to Subaru for the alarm issues along with the Nav system being a complete steaming pile of turd too - calculates destination time wrong, and lags so far behind during turn-by-turn that it locks up for 15 seconds - so you miss your turn off.

Then comes back to life and takes 30+ seconds (no joke) to recalculate.

Kremer930 14-07-2015 06:11 PM

Wow. Would be pretty annoyed for a new car. I hope they sort it for you and compensate for the grief caused.