Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-2015, 05:50 PM
STI Master

Kremer930 at standard level

This is what I love about forums. Solving a problem which could be a Headache with some simple googling and camaraderie.
STIMUL8IN likes this.
Old 14-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Sir AntiLag

STIMUL8IN at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to STIMUL8IN
Default ABS, Traction Control & Hill Start Assist lights popped up

Agreed! 2 days ago, I was thinking, "oh shit, this is gonna be expensive!" Today, all fixed for less than 30bux

Plus a bit of help from the lovely Taylor at Subaru Wangara

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kremer930 likes this.
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Last edited by STIMUL8IN; 14-07-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 14-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Mantis at standard level

Had this pop up on mine Sunday night...

Funnily enough, I was sitting at lights at Northbridge when I noticed that when I lightly applied the brakes no tail lights would come on, so I sat there and tested it a few times looking in the reflection of a street sign in my rearview mirror.

Anyway, lights went green and it wasn't until I was a few k's down the road I realised the trio of lights glaring at me....

As soon as I got home, I did a bit of googling and also read about the switch not being adjusted properly or faulty. I still haven't driven the car since, and I just planned on adjusting the existing switch, but I noticed your new one has a blue casing, I'm wondering if I'm just better off replicating the problem and paying a visit to Wangara just in case I really do need a new one...

Anyway that's my experience with this issue so far.

Previous - MY99 WRX, MY02 Club Spec Evo 5, MY99 Version 5 STi, MY04 WRX Hatch, MY99 Version 5 STi Type R V Limited (Track Hack), MY05 STi, MY12 STi Spec R Sedan
Old 14-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
I noticed your new one has a blue casing, I'm wondering if I'm just better off replicating the problem and paying a visit to Wangara just in case I really do need a new one...
Yeah, I noticed the new one is a different colour, not sure if that means they've addressed the problem with the original switch?

I thought for $27, might as well pop a new one in instead of trying to adjust the old one.

I don't reckon you'll need to replicate the problem, they seem to be able to read historic codes even if the lights aren't showing at the time. My KiwiWifi and Rev2/OBD Fusion didn't show any codes even with the lights showing, but as Kremer930 stated above, the Subaru monitor obviously is better.
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
The Following User Says Thank You to STIMUL8IN For This Useful Post:
Mantis (14-07-2015)
Old 14-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Mantis at standard level

Thanks for the heads up mate.

I finish work early on Thursday so I'll drop in and see them then.

Previous - MY99 WRX, MY02 Club Spec Evo 5, MY99 Version 5 STi, MY04 WRX Hatch, MY99 Version 5 STi Type R V Limited (Track Hack), MY05 STi, MY12 STi Spec R Sedan
Old 16-07-2015, 01:37 AM
Sir AntiLag

Took a nice long drive out to Toodyay yesterday, through all the twisties, about 200+ km round trip. Happy to report not one single problem dash light, and the car following confirmed the brake lights were working as expected (adjusted well). Happy days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dnbosiris likes this.

Tags
abs, assist, control, discolights, hill, hillstartassist, ilovetayloratsubaruwangara, lights, popped, start, traction, tractioncontrol