Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   V6 Sti ecu installed now is boost low (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/64012-v6-sti-engine-control-unit-installed-now-boost-low.html)

Pete8 30-01-2016 06:39 PM

V6 Sti ecu installed now is boost low

Hey guys

I have a my99 wrx audm with fmic vf34 and turboback exhuast; i have just installed a jdm v6 sti ecu j2 and after changing the required pins over everything starts and runs well feels much more responsive at lower rpm.

Only issue is that before the ecu swap my standard e3 ecu was running around 15psi and now with the v6 sti ecu im only getting 12-13psi, i am not running any boost control mods although i have manual boost tap lying around somewhere which i will use if needed.

Has anyone else had any experience with this maybe its normal and i should just wind it up! i just presumed with the sti ecu it would run more boost.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

matto20v 30-01-2016 08:00 PM

Normal.

I had my MY99 WRX running V6 STI ECU and it ran at 13 psi when letting the ECU do all the boost control.

I ended up buying a Turbosmart e-Boost controller (great piece of kit!!!) and wound it up to 17psi. It came alive then!

Just out of curiosity.... does your STI ECU have "VER 6 STI" written on the top in black marker pen?

Pete8 30-01-2016 08:23 PM

Great thanks for the info doesn't sound like a big issue I will stick the boost Tee on tommorow and wind some boost into it.

My ecu has two stickers on it one with v6 sti ej207 and one with gf-gc then some Japanese writing.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Noddy07 17-04-2020 02:55 AM

Help please. V2 pinout

2 Attachment(s)
Hey bud, yay finally someone who has exact same ecu swap. Im quite new to all this and struggling to find the right information, (plus im abit of artard)
So iv got a E3 trying to swapping for V2, Could you please share with me exactly which pins need tp be swap. I did 5 and 6 (cam and crank sensor) which didnt work then 7&5. Iv heard things about immobiliser, restarting ecu, fuel pump pin. Im so lost as where or what to do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I apologise for my novice level knowledge.

wayne 27-04-2020 08:14 PM

i have done this swap myself but it was a few years ago. I take it you have a J2 not a V2 ecu. From memory you need to swap the cam and crank sensor wires over and I think something has to be done with the immobilizer wire or fuel pump. Are you hearing the fuel pump prime when the key is turned on?

matto20v 10-05-2020 09:36 PM

It was years ago for me too, but you swap cam and crank sensor pins, and then the fuel pump wire... for some reason, pin 17 is ringing bells on the fuel pump wire, but its been that long so who knows. Google it, the info is everywhere!