Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Exhaust advice for 02 WRX (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/66070-exhaust-advice-02-wrx.html)

2DIE 01-09-2016 12:11 PM

Exhaust advice for 02 WRX

Currently I have I have a 3" turbo back by Exhaust Technology in Adelaide with a JUN B.L muffler which sounds great but it's only a matter of time before its rusted right through as it's covered in corn flake sided chunks of rust half hanging off it.

I'm keen on a Blitz Nur Spec R but at about 1k delivered and not including a dump pipe it's a bit pricey as that's about another $800 or so for a stainless dump pipe without knowing if it matches up.

Just wondering what others are running and if they are happy with it, where from, how much, pics, links, videos etc if avaliable.

Cheers for any help.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

nauli 01-09-2016 02:16 PM

$1K delivered is cheap for a stainless TBE....also have a look at Ultrex...cheaper...

astralex 01-09-2016 02:21 PM

I'll be keen to see/hear yours if you go the blitz. Is that EL or UEL?

2DIE 01-09-2016 08:45 PM

Stock UEL headers.

2DIE 15-09-2016 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=astralex;841040]I'll be keen to see/hear yours if you go the blitz. Is that EL or UEL?[/QUOTE]

I ordered a Blitz Nur Spec R about 8 days ago now, I got a message saying Blitz makes them to order and it will take 3 weeks before before it's made.

A few small issues with the exhaust will have to be addressed though.

There are 2 versions for the same exhaust, MS3070 (which I bought) is bolts up to the stock Japanese down pipe and the MS3080 bolts up to the stock US/UK downpipe. The Stock Japanese catted down pipe is shorter so that means the cat back will be longer.

Both versions are 3" but have a 2.5" reduction to bolt up with the factory down pipe, as I have a 3" aftermarket downpipe I'll have to cut the 2.5" reduction off and weld on a 3" flange as well as a bung for the O2 sensor and also get longer exhaust hangers as there are people that have had the rear bumper melt from being too close to the tip.

In short:
Cut flange off and replace with 3" flange, add O2 bung, replace the rubber hangers.

Not a big job but I can't do it myself and hope I don't get charged too much for it.

I'm in SA so I can't really show you in person but I'll take a video for you even though you can't really get a sense of what an exhaust is like over a video.

JohnMcClane99 17-09-2016 10:18 AM

APS Dump and full 3" system over here. It's a thing of beauty, flows brilliantly and most importantly is 100% legal! Might pay a little bit extra for there stuff but you just can't knock the quality.

astralex 17-09-2016 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=2DIE;841380]

I'm in SA so I can't really show you in person but I'll take a video for you even though you can't really get a sense of what an exhaust is like over a video.[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one in SA, hence why I'd be curious to hear in person :p

2DIE 17-09-2016 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=astralex;841434]You're not the only one in SA, hence why I'd be curious to hear in person :p[/QUOTE]
Sweet, I can't see locations on Tapatalk.

Where abouts are you? I'm in Victor Harbor but I'm often in the southern suburbs of Adelaide.