Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Hesitation before boost (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/66732-hesitation-before-boost.html)

Direwolf 14-11-2016 07:56 AM

Hesitation before boost

Hi,

I have a 99 WRX with a turbo back and EBC running 15psi.

When I take off from a stand still it feels like it is bogging down until I get to about 2psi of boost and then it drives fine, which is not good for driving in city traffic.
It is just off boost that it drives like a pig.

I have checked all the vac lines and intercooler hoses and everything seems fine no holes or loose lines.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar or knows what the problem could potentially be?

I have had a look for weeks on forums, but there hasn't been mention of this sort of thing.

Thanks

nauli 14-11-2016 08:12 AM

I would get rid of the EBC for starters...

REXXXED 2.0 14-11-2016 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=Direwolf;843034]Hi,

I have a 99 WRX with a turbo back and EBC running 15psi.

When I take off from a stand still it feels like it is bogging down until I get to about 2psi of boost and then it drives fine, which is not good for driving in city traffic.
It is just off boost that it drives like a pig.

I have checked all the vac lines and intercooler hoses and everything seems fine no holes or loose lines.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar or knows what the problem could potentially be?

I have had a look for weeks on forums, but there hasn't been mention of this sort of thing.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I dare ask ... has it been tuned with the mods you have put on

sent from the guy no one likes

Direwolf 14-11-2016 08:59 AM

I should mention this is a new issue. When I bought the car a few months ago this was not a problem.

Nauli - Why remove the EBC?

REXXXED 2.0 - Tune as in ECUtek? No I haven't.

Thanks for the replies

sean 14-11-2016 10:05 AM

I had the same problem with my 98 wrx. Ended up having 40 psi of compression in cylinder 1. It would start off from idle flat and sluggish but as soon as it had any boost it drove completely fine.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

nauli 14-11-2016 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=Direwolf;843037]I should mention this is a new issue. When I bought the car a few months ago this was not a problem.

Nauli - Why remove the EBC?

REXXXED 2.0 - Tune as in ECUtek? No I haven't.

Thanks for the replies[/QUOTE]

Because it might be a good starting point...it may be faulty?

Sneakynuts 14-11-2016 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=sean;843038]I had the same problem with my 98 wrx. Ended up having 40 psi of compression in cylinder 1. It would start off from idle flat and sluggish but as soon as it had any boost it drove completely fine.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

Did BYE Performance find this last week?

sean 14-11-2016 11:07 PM

Yeah. Sure did

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Direwolf 16-11-2016 09:24 AM

[QUOTE=sean;843038]I had the same problem with my 98 wrx. Ended up having 40 psi of compression in cylinder 1. It would start off from idle flat and sluggish but as soon as it had any boost it drove completely fine.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

Thats worrying, hope its not the same thing.

Direwolf 16-11-2016 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=nauli;843047]Because it might be a good starting point...it may be faulty?[/QUOTE]

Yeah going to take it out.

--

Could it be a clutch/flywheel issue?

Thanks for the replies fellas