Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mARC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Nikt3ndo at standard level
Default Alarm installer NOR

Hi, recently had my security system on my 06 wrx play up. I had the Brant system deactivated a couple years back and a autowatch remote pincode system put in place. However the installer never fully deactivated the brant system properly causing a conflict which randomly made the security system come on whilst driving or not deactivate every time on start up.

Sooo I just got it fixed by removing the entire factory alarm system (central locking and factory immobilizer including the auto watch remote pin code start still intact). This fixed my issue but the car has no alarm now (meaning no lock chirps or internal external sirens). If someone broke into my car I wouldn't hear it.

Can anyone recommend an alarm installer preferably NOR to install an alarm system? I did a search but the posts were from 4 years ago so assuming people have changed, newer business have cropped up.

Thanks
Old 15-04-2017, 08:44 PM
Subaru Tech Division

fobz knows their stuff

If you removed the factory stuff yourself, then you're clearly capable of installing a new system yourself... so, find an alarm you prefer, then buy without installation, then install yourself.

Why you ask ? Do you fully trust the installer of an alarm ? They will know EXACTLY how its installed, and how to hypothetically disable it and steal your car. Its a bit paranoid I know. But I work in security... Its my job to be paranoid.

For me, I have no interest in someone perhaps being drunk at a pub and bragging to their mates about this fancy subaru and how they did a dodge job or know how to disable the security system.

Flame suit on

My flame suit is on. Give it your best biatch.

[COLOR="Red"]My STI's carbon emissions are offset by killing puppies.[/COLOR]
Old 15-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Where you perchance drunk when you wrote that response?

Also please update us on your dashboard, has the number of gadgets in use at one time increased?
Bram likes this.
Old 16-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Nikt3ndo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobz View Post
If you removed the factory stuff yourself, then you're clearly capable of installing a new system yourself... so, find an alarm you prefer, then buy without installation, then install yourself.

Why you ask ? Do you fully trust the installer of an alarm ? They will know EXACTLY how its installed, and how to hypothetically disable it and steal your car. Its a bit paranoid I know. But I work in security... Its my job to be paranoid.

For me, I have no interest in someone perhaps being drunk at a pub and bragging to their mates about this fancy subaru and how they did a dodge job or know how to disable the security system.

Flame suit on
Sorry should have said car was towed to auto electrician who removed it after having subaru look at the car first as the problem was unclear.

The asked recommendation is not based on trust but rather workmanship. You say an installer will know what they are doing.......clearly not the case when i had my auto watch remote pin upgrade installed which wasn't done properly.

So i apologize for not being clear.

Tags
alarm, installer